Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these days I tested taking both hands off the handlebars at like 50kmh while in neutral, the bike went a little to the right, nothing abrupt or woobly. I searched and didn‘t found any confirmation if the cbr should go straight. Is this something that can cause any issue or be worried about? The bike front end feels solid in the whole range I have tested it (0-150kmh).

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
This video covers properly adjusting the chain and how to confirm rear wheel alignment -

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Checking your alignment is never a bad idea but also keep in mind that there can be other factors as well.

A lot of roads slope downwards towards the side to allow rain water to drain. That might have caused your bike to move to the right (if you ride on the right side of the road that is).
Then there is weight imbalance from not sitting perfectly in the middle of the saddle and of course wind.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
88 Posts
One of these days I tested taking both hands off the handlebars at like 50kmh while in neutral, the bike went a little to the right,
Your problem does not appear to be a problem.
I understand that in Costa Rica you drive on the right side, which means that the slope of the road for the purpose of draining water tends slightly to the right, and maybe this is the "little" deviation you feel.
Does not seem to be related to rear wheel alignment, but check that it is very simple (the video attached by jkv357)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ride on left side of road (against traffic), and see if bike pulls left.

If so, pull is cause by crown of road.
If not, and it still pulls to right, that's caused by some mis-alignment of wheels or bent suspension or frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So an update, I checked the rear wheel alignment and the right side was around 1cm off, I adjusted both sides the best I could with like a 2 mm error and its still going right. So its very possible its the crown of the road, I will do the test suggested by DannoXYZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts