Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, community. Rodger here, it's been a while now since I started riding Cbr and joined this forum some time ago. I was looking for the discussions on luggage, bags, etc. all of them are too old and could not of much help. So, I thought to make new one. I have a pair of cruiser style leather saddlebags, the tail of my CBR250R isn't square enough, I was able to run straps under the seat and wheel well to hold them in place, but tail is angled so the bags tilt in towards the wheel. And idk because of rubbing with tires or what, left side bag's gone:
Gesture Finger Gadget Thumb Wrist
Black Automotive tire Sleeve Automotive lighting Finger
Brown Textile Sleeve Wood Beige

Has anybody had any luck mounting leather saddlebags on? I suspect I'm going to have to make something to hold them in place myself, but wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions first.
Also, if there's any other cheaper option I wanna remove these and replace them with something better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How are they mounted on top? Lots of saddle bags have adjustable straps in between them. If you can shorten those straps, that'll keep bottom of bags from angling in towards wheel?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are they mounted on top? Lots of saddle bags have adjustable straps in between them. If you can shorten those straps, that'll keep bottom of bags from angling in towards wheel?
Danno, previous owner (my uncle Sammy) had mounted these bags, the bags are pretty old thought, had travelled around 4000kms. He told me that it's a VikingBags Medium Single Strap Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags. When I got the bike they're fine, but they vibrate while riding that's why I tighten them with a strap to lower the vibration, they're working great and then suddenly this happens.
I think the strap got tighter and it ruined the bag and itself as well.:(

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
243 Posts
Hi, community. Rodger here, it's been a while now since I started riding Cbr and joined this forum some time ago. I was looking for the discussions on luggage, bags, etc. all of them are too old and could not of much help. So, I thought to make new one. I have a pair of cruiser style leather saddlebags, the tail of my CBR250R isn't square enough, I was able to run straps under the seat and wheel well to hold them in place, but tail is angled so the bags tilt in towards the wheel. And idk because of rubbing with tires or what, left side bag's gone:
View attachment 44964 View attachment 44965 View attachment 44966

Has anybody had any luck mounting leather saddlebags on? I suspect I'm going to have to make something to hold them in place myself, but wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions first.
Also, if there's any other cheaper option I wanna remove these and replace them with something better.
I personally find that a simple strap meets 100% of my requirements.
I demonstrated in the pictures:
Plant Magenta Fender Wood Sportswear
Plant Carnivore Collar Dog breed Grass
Automotive tire Pink Plant Fender Red
Pink Street fashion Wrist Plant Nail

The condition is that the luggage should be well packed,
and the strap fastens it tightly to the back seat. The same goes for shopping at the supermarket, and any other requirement.
For the camping I take a trekking bag!(LINK), and the bag protrudes from the CBR tail.
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Backpack Electric blue

And if I have to walk with the bag on foot it is very convenient.

Disadvantages:
  • Relatively high center of gravity.
  • No additional passenger.
  • Limited riding speed.
  • Check that the tie is strong,
  • and that there are no loose straps that could get caught in the wheel.
Pros:
  • A simple and inexpensive solution.
  • Does not take space.
  • The strap always with me.
  • When I am not loading equipment, the motorcycle retains its original design.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally find that a simple strap meets 100% of my requirements.
I demonstrated in the pictures:
View attachment 44967 View attachment 44968 View attachment 44969 View attachment 44970
The condition is that the luggage should be well packed,
and the strap fastens it tightly to the back seat. The same goes for shopping at the supermarket, and any other requirement.
For the camping I take a trekking bag!(LINK), and the bag protrudes from the back.
View attachment 44971
And if I have to walk with the bag on foot it is very convenient.

Disadvantages:
  • Relatively high center of gravity.
  • No additional passenger.
  • Limited riding speed.
  • Check that the tie is strong,
  • and that there are no loose straps that could get caught in the wheel.
Pros:
  • A simple and inexpensive solution.
  • Does not take space.
  • The strap always with me.
  • When I am not loading equipment, the motorcycle retains its original design.
Thanks so much Tamir. You're really helpful and kind. I should be considering your advise.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
243 Posts
Thanks so much Tamir. You're really helpful and kind. I should be considering your advise.
Rodger thanks! If you're in D.I.Y arc-welding job you might be interested in something in the style of Givi 22E?
then you can take ideas from here (pictures how to assemble Givi to CBR250R - LINK)
REF: https://www.cbr250.net...threads/givi-rack-installation-instructions
OR here: https://www.cbr250...givi-e22-bags-and-luggage-rack

More here: "GIVI"

There is a problem with the Heat From the Exhaust (LINK1, LINK2) and proper insulation needs to be added to the right luggage

Link to three recommended videos on YouTube:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rodger thanks! If you're in D.I.Y arc-welding job you might be interested in something in the style of Givi 22E?
then you can take ideas from here (pictures how to assemble Givi to CBR250R - LINK)
REF: https://www.cbr250.net...threads/givi-rack-installation-instructions
OR here: https://www.cbr250...givi-e22-bags-and-luggage-rack

More here: "GIVI"

There is a problem with the Heat From the Exhaust (LINK1, LINK2) and proper insulation needs to be added to the right luggage

Link to three recommended videos on YouTube:
I've read the older conversation got much knowledge on what tools are required and all. I'll ask here if I face any issue on making the mounting and the whole process.
Thanks so much for your help. Appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts