Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Silly question - but how do we add pictures to a post and show them full size as compared to seeing them as an attachment that is opened on a separate page?
Cheers
Paul

:confused:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's not a silly question at all. When writing a meassage, you can click the "insert picture" button in the text editor's menu bar (which looks like a little sunset over a mountain). A prompt will appear for you to paste in the URL of the image (which needs to be hosted online). After that, you'll see the address appear between "IMG" brackets. The image below that I used to demonstrate is linked from someone else's website. This is called "hot linking" and is frowned upon, though people do it all the time. PRO TIP: Please, dear God, don't paste in an image that's thousands of pixels wide by thousands of pixels tall. It's horribly inconvenient both to look at and to wait to load. :eek:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah like he said the easiest way is to put the pictures on photobucket or a similar website and copy and paste the

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
there are no silly questions..just silly people who ask questions...lol..jk jk :p I started a thread on this very subject last week in general discussion because i wasnt sure either..I really now prefer tinypic.com better than photobucket.com..PB freezes my laptop sometimes because they insist on running that video/commercial while you upload...tinypic is just faster and easier with no waiting for an upload

·
745 Posts
You can also insert the pictures using the upload tool, then insert them into your post using the picture insert tool:

1. click "Manage Attachments"
  2. Choose a picture (I picked a small one of Adriana Lima, well, because). Upload the picture.
  3. Right click the file name (now above the "Manage Attachments" button) and copy the link location.
  4. Select the "Insert Image (little mountains) button and paste in the link you copied in step #3.
  5. You will have the small "attached image" as well as the full one
  6. Ditto on the no huge images please.
More importantly, you will have an image of one of the most beautiful women in the world, provided you use this one:

Added Natalie in so you can get a good idea of how multiple pictures would work (that's my story, and i'm sticking to it).

Attachments

·
745 Posts
trying something. I'll let you know if it works:

IT DIDN'T! The above instructions are correct and can be used, however, as well as the album and "other site" suggestions.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm not seeing it. Can't do that if by doing so you're deleting the original image source. The larger image is referencing the uploaded one. Luke's method is a good way to avoid hot linking while keeping the images hosted on this site. I think in this forum software there's a relatively low upload limit per account though. Usually is. In that case, an external host would be good. Or risk getting away with hot linking.

·
745 Posts
Yep - the image (of Natalie Portman) displayed for awhile, but apparently the logic periodically goes around and deletes orphans, so now it's gone.

Back to the original instructions, and I'll edit the other post.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The way to do this where everything is hosted on this forum is to upload the pix into your "album" in your User CP for the forum. Once you do, you can right click the image and and copy the image URL to paste into the IMG address on the post. I just did over in the "Test Forum" with a Bazzaz dyno sheet. As predicted, there's a limit, but it's 10MB. Yeah, so don't use those ginormous pix we were talking about, haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts