Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black cbr250. The only parts besides the rims I would like black are the silver metal foot pegs for the riders foot and the passengers foot. Think they stick out like a sore thumb. Do they have these available in black on any website you guys know of? I have not found any. Would it be easier just to paint them black?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Did you paint them or those aftermarket? They look nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would really like to do the same replace all the foot peg framing with solid black like those. Are those custom painted or after market?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You want to powder coat (PC), not paint, the peg brackets.

Powder will take abuse better, and has a thicker film-build, than paint does. Any surface coating will eventually wear away from constant rubbing from boots, but PC will stand-up significantly longer than paint. PC is also way better when it comes to chipping than paint, which is important for parts like wheels and frames.

A quality custom powder coater will usually strip/blast the parts, conversion coat, and apply a single-stage powder (like black) for around $100 for front and rear peg brackets, brake and shift levers, and rear pegs. Pegs with rubber inserts can't be coated, and everything must be completely disassembled.

I did mine about 5 years ago -

Where in IL are you located? I know a few coaters in IL that I could give you info about.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts