Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would a CBR250R could help me figure out a fairly simple question regarding the battery terminals (as I haven't yet taken delivery of my bike).

For my car, I bought a C-Tek battery tender, and used the 'comfort access' cable to connect the battery to the unit (the connector stays on the battery 24/7). For reference, here's a picture:

For the car, I simply put the ring connectors on the bolts which clamp onto the positive and negative terminals (10mm head, no clue what the thread diameter is).

As I also want to use the charger/tender on the bike, I figured I'd 'upgrade' and replace both of these with the 'comfort access with indicator' cable pictured here:

What I need to know is, does the battery on the CBR250R connect up the same was as a regular car battery, or is it different somehow? Also I'm worried that the eyelets/rings might be too big, and therefore not fit, as my gut tells me everything on a motorcycle is 'smaller' than a car.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I installed mine on the CBR without problems and have one on each of my other bikes. If I think the hole is too large I'll sometimes use a washer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would a larger one fit though (say M8 or M10), just torqued down on one side only (or possibly with a washer)? The cable/connector with the indicator lights doesn't list a size, so I'm guessing it is something that is primarily designed for cars (but it does say ATVs and Lawnmowers in the description, so go figure lol)

EDIT: feliz, that's what I was thinking, so I'm guessing it should work. I live in a condo so charging = pulling the battery and taking it up to my unit, so I'd like to have the lights therefore if it isn't red, I can leave it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have the C-Tek charger as well as a Yuasa and Battery Tender and actually prefer the Yuasa but they all seem to have the same size holes in the leads. The C-Tek connector is different than the other two though. It's good to look after your battery, I always get 8-10 years out of a battery believe it or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts