Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
i would prob go for that twin brother exhaust atm as it is the biggest name brand out there and over it their is proven performance gains.. worst comes to worst.. just bring it to a dyno..

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Slip on is good

It looks like just throwing a slip on with no JuiceBox or reprogramming will bring a worthwile improvement. Adding the juice box doesn't give much more than the slip on alone. I would actually expect a slight improvement in fuel economy if you leave the computer alone to learn the new flow right back to the stock air/fuel ratios. A slip on would be a 1/2 hour install. Too bad they cost so much for the amount of materials involved. Lots of marketing expense gets past onto us. Notice this dyno chart is "No JuiceBox".
Two Brothers Racing :: Honda CBR250R High Performance Motorcycle Race Exhaust Systems

·
Registered
400 Posts
yoshimura's exhaust is released in 4 weeks,they alrady have a testing bike..toobad i didnt contact them earlier they are near by,i should of contacted 2bros to..**** lol

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Example

Not that any of these cheap slip ons would actually fit well but just to show an example of how much it really costs to make a slip on. Why do the designer lables keep getting away with selling theirs for $450? There is a lot of room for an ebay start up company to come up with something really good for 1/2 of that and still make a killing.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/dunstall-style-megaphone-muffler/p2006467.jcwx?filterid=j3

·
Registered
319 Posts

the above danmoto fitted to a CBR250

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Fit

the above danmoto fitted to a CBR250
Gorgeous! Looks like a perfect fit. Do they list those parts for the CBR250? I didn't see them. I do see that muffler for the Ninja250 but the adapter is not nearly as nice. Very short. It steps up in diameter 123, within a few inches.
Is it super loud? I would probably go for the largest muffler if it is quieter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My new ARROW slip-on :) :

Much lighter than the stock one. Sound - very nice, I think similar to TwoBros' silencer. With db-killer - louder and lower sound that stock muffler, but still civilized. I say that it sound at least no more like a moped ;-)
Without db-killer - very loud :) It costs 450 euros. It has EU road homologation (with db killer).
I had not time to do any test ride today.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Danmoto doesnt make the exhaust.

A local motorbike shop buys the ninja one and modifies it to fit the CBR then asks for $500AUD Ripoff

·
Registered
42 Posts
See my post in the HMF Exhaust thread. On the dyno chart,

Blue is stock
Green is the full system
Red is the slip on

41 - 53 of 53 Posts