Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used some generic DOT reflective tape to make my helmet highly visible. A few bucks at Wal-Mart. I put arrows on that point forward on the helmet that will point in the direction of a lane change when I do a head check.

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Saw the backpack post as well. I give you points for thinking outside the box! :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey where are you guys taping the bike? As I've never worked with it before-does it appear like white tape during the day? Useful, but during the sun lit hours, I want to avoid looking too "stripey" on the black bits. LOL

·
Registered
356 Posts
I put arrows on that point forward on the helmet that will point in the direction of a lane change when I do a head check.
us motorcyclists may understand this idea, but in a real world situation I highly doubt somebody in a car will even justify why you have an arrow on you helmet.

i think the reflective tape is pretty neat though

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey where are you guys taping the bike? As I've never worked with it before-does it appear like white tape during the day? Useful, but during the sun lit hours, I want to avoid looking too "stripey" on the black bits. LOL
I have a few extra reflectors on my bike. The most prominent are the rim reflectors in green. It goes well with the theme of my bike which is black and green. I have green LEDs and a few other green accessories. I also have a few small white reflective decals on things like my mirrors, between my headlight and windscreen, my front fork and the leading edge of my fairings. My tank bag has reflective trim. At the moment, the only thing I have reflective on my bike viewable from the rear is my license plate, plate holders, and my jacket and helmet when I ride. I wear an Icon Contra Hi-Viz Milspec jacket. I know the jacket's bright enough but typically only a car behind me or beside me could see it. What I wanted to avoid is being hit by someone trying to pass the car behind me, only to realize there's a motorcyle in that spot, and choose to run me over rather than get run over by the oncoming semi truck. I figured the only thing that suggests to a car 2 cars behind me that a motorcycle is in front of the car in front of him is a bright helme visible above the car's roof. I also ride with the LED underglows on at night, and high beam 24/7.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Oh, to avoid looking stripey, if you have a black bike like me, you can use black reflective tape. It looks black in the daylight and relfects white at night. Hi-tech and affordable. Just maybe not as bright as something without a black film over it. Google it or look some up. I saw some on ebay for a decent price. Be original and cut it into a special design that shines when a car's headlights are on it.

Reactions: 1LAryder

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh, to avoid looking stripey, if you have a black bike like me, you can use black reflective tape. It looks black in the daylight and relfects white at night. Hi-tech and affordable. Just maybe not as bright as something without a black film over it. Google it or look some up. I saw some on ebay for a decent price. Be original and cut it into a special design that shines when a car's headlights are on it.
I can vouch for this, have black reflective strips on my bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts