Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
he states the engine is still perfect.??. i guess it still starts maybe? but I wouldnt want that engine on my bike...

and at 32 miles on the odometer..i guess we can safely say...the "I want a motorcycle" experiment is over..
hope whoever was riding is ok.

·
Registered
111 Posts
"THIS MOTORCYCLE HAS FRONT END DAMAGE; THE FOLLOWING MAJOR ITEMS WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED.

FRAME"

Oh yes, I'll just order up another frame from the Internet, then...

"I HAVE A CLEAR ILLINOIS TITLE"

Heh heh, not anymore...

·
Registered
72 Posts
"THIS MOTORCYCLE HAS FRONT END DAMAGE; THE FOLLOWING MAJOR ITEMS WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED.

FRAME"

Oh yes, I'll just order up another frame from the Internet, then...

"I HAVE A CLEAR ILLINOIS TITLE"

Heh heh, not anymore...
It only gets tagged as salvage if you go through your insurance... you can get a replacement frame right from Honda. It'll come blank, you'll need to have your existing VIN stamped onto it.

Now, is it worth the effort is a whole other question... For $200 to $300 I'd snap it up as a potential 'b' bike build for the track. $1100 plus the needed repairs, not as attractive.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
How depressing. Stickers were not even off the bike. Wonder if that happened on the ride home?! :eek: Only 32 miles on the bike. I'd be crying:(

·
Registered
111 Posts
It only gets tagged as salvage if you go through your insurance... you can get a replacement frame right from Honda. It'll come blank, you'll need to have your existing VIN stamped onto it.
Ah, didn't know you could just buy a frame. Intuition told me it would be pointless since you're basically re-manufacturing the vehicle by that point and you'd spend way more rebuilding it than it would cost to buy a new one outright.

Now, is it worth the effort is a whole other question... For $200 to $300 I'd snap it up as a potential 'b' bike build for the track. $1100 plus the needed repairs, not as attractive.
Agreed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts