Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a black '11 cbr250. I want to get the smoked tail light and the fender eliminator kit. the tail light has the turn signals built in so i would not need the stock signals. do the fender kits take into mind people like me or will there be holes on each side where they expect the signals to be? does anyone have a picture of their smoked tail light? i have yet to see this installed on anyones bike and would like to see how it turned out...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got exactly that. Black with smoked tail and fender eliminator. But it comes with a bracket for the lights cuz the stock metal bracket on the bike has the holes built in. So unless someone has a new bracket (holds taillight) to install without the turn signal holes ur stuck with them. i'll post a pic tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. look forward to seeing it. the fender kit i have seen is the yoshimura kit. it is the only one i see out there. havent got the greatest reviews but then again the complaints don't seem to be to legit. how do you like yours? seem to be good enough quality?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You'll still need stock signals to be legal..... and safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it is the integrated tail light that i'm thinking of the turn signals are built into the actual tail light. All in one functioning light system. I asked a local cop and he said smoke is legal as long as enough lights still comes off of the tail light during the day and at night. You don't need separate tail lights to be legal do you? I assumed it was legal. Maybe I am wrong? I live in Michigan, havne't paid to much attention to other motorcycles and the tail lights and signals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure it's legal but it is not safe by any means to only have integrated light and flashers. It's your life but looking cool never outweighs being safe and car drivers are already are not looking for you....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts