Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday the temp was 14C and i was on a 3 hour ride and today this is what my world looks like:(

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Looks pretty, but I understand your frustration. Think warm thoughts!

·
Registered
636 Posts
wow..weather turned quick!!winter wonder landish..hope it melts soon so you can get back out on that newly modded ceebee!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Was 60 degrees outside yesterday. Today snowing. Nice weather supposed to come back next week. Gives me time to install my leo Vince muffler.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Leo's are nice. :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Was 75 today and looks like mid 60's/sunny for the next week. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
80's here... every day... sorry --

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was 75 today and looks like mid 60's/sunny for the next week. :)
Awesome! please don't think me rude but blah, blah, blah, blah....:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Im sick of the cold and snow. Thats why Im lookin for a place in Florida. Where do Canadians move to when theyre sick of the cold?

·
1,305 Posts
i feel you.....
it was like 85 here on sunday... the rest of the week has been 76f-78f

barbaric i tell you... barbaric....

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sick of the cold and snow. Thats why Im lookin for a place in Florida. Where do Canadians move to when theyre sick of the cold?
Florida....and Arizona, and Mexico, although the latter is less appealing lately. I loathe the cold. I would love to sell everything, pack up the bikes and move.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you move to florida dont think its all sunshine. My dad lives there and hes always talking about the massive down pours he gets. But when the rain is 90 degrees that makes up for it. Florida's great even if it does rain alot.
I think the Canadians come down to the northen U.S. to get away from the cold.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yesterday the temp was 14C and i was on a 3 hour ride and today this is what my world looks like:(
Im sick of the cold and snow. Thats why Im lookin for a place in Florida.
No winter where I am at right now, but I have lived in some wintery places.

In England and Japan it lasted too long for my liking. Still I pulled on a pair of rigger boots and rode right through winter in the UK. No helmet when riding the Exmoor Common to check on the cattle each morning at daybreak; just a woolly hat. Sometimes it was snowing. Helmet on the road, of course, but open face..... never have been able to get along with full face.

I never did get to ride in Japan, unfortunately; had a company Kei car.

In North American parts winter lasts longer, and is colder with more snow, so I sense your frustration.

In New Zealand winters are shorter, and less severe. A bit of snow in the South Island, but not much. Snow only a couple of times in the North in my lifetime; not so cold , but there is plenty of weather. Just when you start to get sick of winter daffodils pop up to herald the start of spring. People ride all year in NZ, and there are a couple of mid winter rallies; the Brass Monkey and the Cold Kiwi.

It is Phuket Big Bike Week(end) time.... big bikes and big attitude roll in from all over Thailand and neighbouring countries. Last year the Banditos had a significant presence. Had to snicker to see fifty or sixty something wannabes with Prospect embroidered on their jacket.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lucky Canadians go where the sun is; "Snow birds". Wish I was one. I live at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Banff Alberta . Weather can be sketchy with Chinook winds that dump the barometric pressure triggering migraines in the unfortunate. Makes riding bikes an airborn adventure. Could almost earn pilots wings. One can get sick of the quick change in weather here. Summers can be shorter. Snow doesn't melt completely in Lake Louise until late June/early July. Not uncommon to have a snow fall in summer. Hense, the need to move. As far the poster telling me to hand in my Canadian card cause i plugged in my vest yesterday, he shouldn't talk. He's from vancouver. When snow falls there the city panics and traffic grid-locks. Not saying disparengingly buddie lol. Love the west coast.:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Money Money Money will solve the Northern blues. How I keep going to the mom and pop store and saying " 5 on lotto" to fulfill my dreams of living in a place where a battery tender is a obscene object. Forget Cali or AZ or FL I want more give me that rich man's paradise Australia. Come October I will be looking at the sky some more and screaming at my fate if the area code associated with my name is still 98144.

57 Posts
You live in Canada like me! First time i ever rode a bike was in the snow LOL. You must be from Quebec! BUMP

Almost as funny as the guy from SOLCAL saying it was warm and sunny! LMFAO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts