Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well,it looks like i can edit my posts now(but still not my old ones),so hopefully that means i can make this thread,and update the list as new members are discovered.

this list is to show how many So*Cal cbr250 riders there are,and im sure none of us would mind if any other 250s out there wanna join in,ninja,yamaha etc...

No. username,location,bike model/status

CBR250's
1. Mellow, Moreno Valley (black)
2. JaJa09, Moreno Valley (black)
3. tofuprod, Woodland Hills,Santa Monica (black)
4. Admin,Santa Monica (www.cbr250.org) (?)
5. Minidee, in San Diego (red/silver)
6. Antbanks,San Diego
7. Fauxshow, (Chris), Irvine (red/silver)
8. Imalaziebum, Buena Park (pending red/silver)
9. Fands in Orange County (pending)
10. Allyson, Huntington Beach (black)
11. e90n54, ? (pending)
12. AJ250R Hacienda Heights
13. CBR250R ABS,Studio City,Alan (black ABS)
14. ntbpaul,Garden Grove,
15. Mylabs,Garden Grove, (black)
16. Bee,San Bernardino, red/silver

looks like we got a group here!most of us have bikes already (7)

http://www.ninja250forum.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=4170.msg30786
NINJA250's
1. XPsDunCan! bakersfield

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cbr250r abs

Studio City, CA Alan
Black 250R with ABS and 2 Bros black carbon fiber exhaust
DELIVERED !! Yeah !!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw,mountain motorsports has a bike already in socal,ontario and so does chapparal in san bernadino

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know what number I am.
Username: Bee
CBR250r 2011 red/silver.
First bike I ever owned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
oh didnt notice ntbpaul but you from garden grove also? Which area are you in? are you taking the MSF course at DRTC?

can add me to the list if you want, i have like 2 weeks before i take my vacation if any in the area want to meet up and go for a joy ride. Just send me a PM

CBR250R Black - Garden Grove, CA

·
Registered
12 Posts
#? tmm89 Winchester, CA (black)
My first bike :) too bad I don't know anyone who can teach me how to ride before MSF course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
oh didnt notice ntbpaul but you from garden grove also? Which area are you in? are you taking the MSF course at DRTC?

can add me to the list if you want, i have like 2 weeks before i take my vacation if any in the area want to meet up and go for a joy ride. Just send me a PM

CBR250R Black - Garden Grove, CA

Hi mylab, it be great to meet up for a ride but I finishing up my MSF course this Sunday. No I taking the riding course at MMMT. Anyway, I getting my bike on Friday July 15 and would love to go for a ride sometime after that. Just let me know when you get back from your vacation and we can meet-up somewhere for a ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
actually i leave the 16th at eaerly in the morning so we can ride friday afternoon lol hit me up with a pm later on for contact info

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this website is wierd,it wont let me edit the first post now lmao.

but tmm89,is winchester near the highway 74 east hemet?off the 215?i can prolly help you out before you go to the MSF course,even though they teach you how to ride ebfore letting you ride lol.

where i went in corona,

the first day u will read a book to find answers,then every group will read their questions and answers.

after that you watch a video and discuss things u learned.

from there u will take a test,if you pass u will go onto the range 1 course the same day...there is a lunch break.

from there they will show u where everything is and what it does,clutch,front brake,back brake,throttle,choke,key ignition,blinker controls,engine cut off switch,etc etc..

then they will have you get on the bike,make u lean it from side to side.make u locate the choke,egnition without looking.

they will make u walk the bike in a straight line while your on it,and then do a U-turn by going forward n back while turning.

then they will tell you to walk the bike while giving some throttle.
then walk the bike and once your in the middle of the destination put your feet on the pegs without looking down at them.then do the U-turn.

they like to have you put the bikes in Nuetral when your stopped and waiting.

then after all that they will do courses teaching you to slow down before you turn,lean into the turn,then accelerate out.

they want to see how fast you can stop without locking the brakes etc...

thats just a quick write up theres other things they want you to do in range one.a lot of it is clutch control aswell..

·
Registered
12 Posts
this website is wierd,it wont let me edit the first post now lmao.

but tmm89,is winchester near the highway 74 east hemet?off the 215?i can prolly help you out before you go to the MSF course,even though they teach you how to ride ebfore letting you ride lol.

where i went in corona,

the first day u will read a book to find answers,then every group will read their questions and answers.

after that you watch a video and discuss things u learned.

from there u will take a test,if you pass u will go onto the range 1 course the same day...there is a lunch break.

from there they will show u where everything is and what it does,clutch,front brake,back brake,throttle,choke,key ignition,blinker controls,engine cut off switch,etc etc..

then they will have you get on the bike,make u lean it from side to side.make u locate the choke,egnition without looking.

they will make u walk the bike in a straight line while your on it,and then do a U-turn by going forward n back while turning.

then they will tell you to walk the bike while giving some throttle.
then walk the bike and once your in the middle of the destination put your feet on the pegs without looking down at them.then do the U-turn.

they like to have you put the bikes in Nuetral when your stopped and waiting.

then after all that they will do courses teaching you to slow down before you turn,lean into the turn,then accelerate out.

they want to see how fast you can stop without locking the brakes etc...

thats just a quick write up theres other things they want you to do in range one.a lot of it is clutch control aswell..

The MSF class I took in colton was pretty much the same except we didnt take any tests till the 2nd day. by the end of the first day we were riding around their track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you Mellow, that would be awesome. I'm on the 79 near the 74. I had a friend try and teach me, but they just pretty much taught themself that day or the day before LOL. So I wasn't so keen on letting them try and teach me. I'm going to the course on Camp Pendleton since it's free. I hope my sliders come in before the course on the 18th. But I do understand, since this is my very first bike and I never rode a motorcyle on my own, that I will most likely drop the bike a few times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the bike is very lightweight and after you take the msf course you'll get used to how the weight is on a motorcycle. when i first sat on a bike, I thought to myself "man this is heavy, going to end up dropping it". After i finished the msf course and sat down on my bike, it "felt" extremely lightweight and easy to handle. I'm 5'10" and 160lbs if that gives you an idea. As long as you have a good sense of balance, it's really easy to manage the bike's weight.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts