Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, So today I wanted to stop by my local power sports to check out the CBR250R and what do you know, they have only one black one in stock. So the sales associate comes up to me and starts pulling his marketing speech towards me and I start falling for his trap. I then start asking him multiple questions about the bike and he answers them with great info. So now I began to ask him the numbers out the door for the bike, and he goes to tell me with everything all done im looking at $5,100 out the door. I go and tell him some lie and say the other power sports across town offered me $4,200 for it and he was in shock. So then I try to talk him down a little bit more on the price and he randomly goes and ask's me "Did we go to high school together like 3-4 years ago?" And I go "I think so?" So now the sales associate and I begin to figure out if we did go to school together and we sure did lol. So now its a totally different ball game, he goes "Dude, now that I know you from somewhere and we had high school class's together, im going to hook you up." And im like "WIN WIN WIN (thinking in my head)". So now he says he can get me the bike $4,000 out the door and that excludes not registering the bike. He also will get the bike delivered for free to my house and offer a 2.99 apr for the bike. I told him when my tax return money comes in, ill be back in two weeks to get all the paper work done. He goes and says alright cool. And he told me if the bike is gone, his going to order me another one in any color and the closes warehouse that supplies the bike is stocked up with 250R so I will defiantly have one within an hour. So it looks like ill be joining all of you very soon!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Alright, So today I wanted to stop by my local power sports to check out the CBR250R and what do you know, they have only one black one in stock. So the sales associate comes up to me and starts pulling his marketing speech towards me and I start falling for his trap. I then start asking him multiple questions about the bike and he answers them with great info. So now I began to ask him the numbers out the door for the bike, and he goes to tell me with everything all done im looking at $5,100 out the door. I go and tell him some lie and say the other power sports across town offered me $4,200 for it and he was in shock. So then I try to talk him down alittle bit more on the price and he randomly goes and ask's me "Did we go to high school together like 3-4 years ago?" And I go "I think so?" So now the sales assiocote and I begin to figure out if we did go to school together and we sure did lol. So now its a totally different ball game, he goes "Dude, now that I know you from somewhere and we had high school class's together, im going to hook you up." And im like "WIN WIN WIN for me in my head". So now he says he can get me the bike $4,000 out the door and that excludes not registering the bike. He also will get the bike delivered for free to my house and offer a 2.99 apr for the bike. I told him when my tax return money comes in, ill be back in two weeks to get all the paper work done. He goes and says alright cool. And he told me if the bike is gone, his going to order me another one in any color and the closes warehouse that supplies the bike is stocked up with 250R so I will defiantly have one within an hour. So it looks like ill be joining all of you very soon!
And "I go" COOL!

·
Registered
636 Posts
congrats..thats a very reasonable price seeing as how the msrp is 3999.00..i hope your dealer friend follows through for you..is it an abs or non abs model?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats..thats a very reasonable price seeing as how the msrp is 3999.00..i hope your dealer friend follows through for you..is it an abs or non abs model?
Non ABS, he left me his business card and personal phone so I can text him when im ready to come in. Im going to see if he can do a better deal with the ABS model.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and the newly found "in" at your dealer. It's great when you can have a dealer who you can trust. It will pay more dividends than just the savings you got on your bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the new bike and the newly found "in" at your dealer. It's great when you can have a dealer who you can trust. It will pay more dividends than just the savings you got on your bike.
Yeah, it sure does feel good to know your not getting screwed with the bike you want. But I don't have the bike just yet, possibly by the end of this month I will have it. Just waiting on my tax return. Thats what helping me with the down payment.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Great story, massive discount, and shows that we can drive a hard bargain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That guy was trying to rip you off at first, good thing you caught it. Congratulations I think you will love the bike I sure do. :D I own a Black non-ABS Good color choice ! All other colors aside from the Red/White/Blue are for sissies!! :p Just kidding. . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did he mention extended warranty yet? he may try to recoup some $$ that way, watch out.
No he didn't mention the extended warranty, but I did make it clear to him I just want the bike and nothing more. So he knows I'm talking business lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
He also will get the bike delivered for free to my house and offer a 2.99 apr for the bike.
I dont know about where you are but here every place I have talked to has offered free delivery as one of the almost first things said.

2.99 APR is on the main honda site as a current promotion.

The price however is where you won, assuming it is the ABS model (the MSRP for non-ABS is $3999 with ABS $4499). $500 is $500, plus you do not pay sales tax on the $500 saving you even more (here it is almost $50 more).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've never purchased an extended warranty in my life. I can't think of any consumer product where it makes sense.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've never purchased an extended warranty in my life. I can't think of any consumer product where it makes sense.
Lol if you had my job you'd be begging for a warranty. The average automotive repair bill is about $500. And that can happen multiple times a year. I'd rather buy a $1100 auto warranty with no deductible then pay $1500+ a year on car repairs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thats a great deal. Dealers around here would not come down at all because they couldnt the bikes to sell in the first place. Some dealers got none. If you were lucky enough to find one you paid MSRP

·
Registered
999 Posts
I usually think the same way. I talked myself into getting the extended warranty anyway just because this is a first year bike and first year bikes tend to have teething pains. The skeptic in me still feels that it was a waste of money though.

Thats a great deal. Dealers around here would not come down at all because they couldnt the bikes to sell in the first place. Some dealers got none. If you were lucky enough to find one you paid MSRP
Ditto.
That was the case for me as well. There were two people in line behind me trying to nab the only available 250R.
The dealer knew darn well that if I didn't take it someone else would so the price was inert.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts