Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to say that I just purchased my second bike and I absolutely love it! I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for my CBR250R helping me with my riding skills and confidence! : ) I'll do a comparison video soon for anyone out there who is wondering if they should jump up to a bigger cc bike.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Beautiful bike. Rides like the wind I hear. Does it have the riding mode switch?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice. What was the msrp on that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow! I am planning on getting a gsxr too.its just I m probably gonna loose a lot of money if I trade my cbr250.What year is your gsxr and is the exhaust stock?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow! I am planning on getting a gsxr too.its just I m probably gonna loose a lot of money if I trade my cbr250.What year is your gsxr and is the exhaust stock?
It's a 2008 and it has a slip on exhaust that I have no idea what brand or where to find one. . . all I know is that it sounds as good as my friend's CBR600RR with a full Yoshimura exhaust! : ) Also the bike has 4,200 miles on it and I cost me $7,000. I haven't listed my CBR250R on CL yet, but I will soon. I'm hoping to get $4,500-5,000 for it due to all the mods and the fact that it has 4 months left on the warranty!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just rode my first 600cc supersport today at the Yamaha Demo in Auburn Wa and holy @#! these things are not for starters. Its was an R6 and the throttle is crazy twitchy. It was also a torture rack. My head and wrists were sore after about 2 25 minute rides on it. The R1 was taken.

That gixxer is awesome looking and ride safe.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why the 600 and not the 750? Been told the 750 is worth the extra dollars

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Why the 600 and not the 750? Been told the 750 is worth the extra dollars
He wanted the 600 lol Just because the 750 is available doesn't mean you should buy it. I my buddy just bought a 1000cc and his brother's first question to him was "Why not the 1200cc?"

750 is way too much of a gap for coming off of a 250.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He wanted the 600 lol Just because the 750 is available doesn't mean you should buy it. I my buddy just bought a 1000cc and his brother's first question to him was "Why not the 1200cc?"

750 is way too much of a gap for coming off of a 250.
My answer is simple. . . I wanted blue rims. Nuff said.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My answer is simple. . . I wanted blue rims. Nuff said.
How many miles did you put on the CBR before upgrading?

I wouldn't expect to recover the cost of mods when you sell, most people may like them, but won't want to pay for them. Good luck either way.

When I bought my Triumph Daytona 5 years ago with 1000 miles on it, 1 year old and about $2K in mods, the original owner had about $11K into the bike, I paid $6K cash (but maybe I stole it :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
I thought my 250 had less effort turning than the R6. I hardly call a 250 boring if you know its intentions.
Referring to toque and HP, one should master the 250's fast cornering capabilities before moving up to a bigger bike, the lighter bike makes it easier to duck into corners, thats why you see alot of 250's over taking bigger bikes on corners.

Im referring to race/track perspective as thats what im interested in

1 - 20 of 63 Posts