Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I never realized how many compliments I would get with this bike! Got the 2011 in black about 3 weeks ago and it seems like whenever I'm getting ready to ride, putting the cover on her or anything near her I get a someone complimenting me on how nice a bike it is.

Does everyone here experience the same thing? Is it something people tend to do when they see motorcycles in general? This is my first so I don't really have any other point of reference. Although I can't say I got too many compliments on my '98 Toyota Tercel...:cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
No one has complimented me on my CBR yet.

Edit: Friday, 3:00 pm, just received a compliment from j4bberwocky, my bike and I feel so much better!! Thanks j4bberwocky.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I received a compliment from some dude rolling off the lot on a new Ducati.

I took it with a grain of salt when he screamed away when the light turned green.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've gotten a number of compliments... particularly from other riders curious about the new Honda entry into this space...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Had a bus driver ask me on the road " Is that the new CBR250 and how much was it?"

Had a driver pull door down the window and ask the same thing.

I am surprised I have not seen ONE other CBR250 on the road since I got my bike back in November.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sometimes when I come out of a shop, there will be a guy or sometimes a few guys standing around my bike :)
That can be both good or bad.

Always keep a watchful eye!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Family and I went to a pizza joint the other night, and since it was going to rain the next day, I decided to follow her and the kids on the weebr. We sat at the window, and the bike found a nice parking space right in front of us. We watched 2 guys talking in the parking lot, and then they walked over to my bike and really started to have a look. They seemed extremely interested in it (in a good way lol), and they both had smiles on their faces as they gawked over it. One of my kids actually made eye contact with one of the guys and made a gesture to his eyes and then pointed at the guy, as if to say "Im watching you, buddy". Wife and I laughed so hard, and then told him that it was kinda rude :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've gotten several compliments on my bike--and, like many, I'm new to riding (only logged 250 miles in 2 weeks). However, I'm not sure if the 'looks' I get are because I'm a woman and we're by far still in the minority of motorcyclists. I think there's a "WOW! She must a be hard-core to ride a bike of her own... and not even a little curiser, but a sport bike!" LOVE IT!! I'm a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, Christian, volunteer, and BIKER CHICK! So, I smile and ride on! :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've had it happen a bunch of times where the CBR will be sitting there in a sea of blinged out HD's and some guy pauses and takes a really good look at it. Drives the HD guys bonkers.

And yes, if somebody asks, they always think it's a 600 even though it says 2-fiddy on the side!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Since I got my bike last summer I've gotten lots & lots of compliments sitting at gas stations..got some sitting at red lights...and have even gotten a compliment riding 55 mph up the highway by the driver of the car a lane over..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had several people say the bike looks nice and are surprised to find out it is a 250 it makes you feel good when others hotties and dudes think your cbr is cool

1 - 20 of 25 Posts