Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brand new 250 (2012/no ABS, Red/Silver)! Yaaaaaaaay!

Lemme explain.

So yesturday (5/9/12) I went a dealership in north Austin to go test ride a 600. They have a lot of bikes there and lucky for me, they had a used 2011 CBR 600RR (I didn't want to test a new one) that I test rode with a salesman for a few miles and I must say...
I had a surprisingly better riding experience on the 600RR than I ever had with the 250.

My pros and cons:

++++ Comfortable seating! (My butt and inner thigh hurt after a while with the 250, but the slimmer and softer seat on the 600 nullified that!)

+++++ Unexpectedly Comfortable riding position! (Although I did lean in only slightly more, I was still position very upright. It felt better than the 250!)

+++ Very smooth engine vibrations!

++ Great acceleration. (No I didn't do any wheelies, even though I accelerated hard a few times.)

++++ Smoother and better feel for gear shifting! (The 250 may have a lighter clutch, but the 600 was quicker and smoother when shifting.)

+++++ The bike felt... right.

--- Not as good looking as the 250 to me.

---- VERY STIFF steering/handling! (I really had to push and pull to get that thing to turn and its suppose to be a sport bike!? Makes the 250 look like a mouse on adrenaline. Jeeesh! Ah just some getting used to needed.)

++++ The Bike exceeded my expectations.

That's about it.

I actually didn't know the 600 had around 100 hp while I was riding, so no wonder it packed a punch and gets poor MPGs.

But unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I couldn't get the 2012 version as I didn't have enough for a down payment and with no credit they wouldn't let me finance anyway, so I decided to do what I've wanted to do since I got the 250 and actually get the version I WANTED!

So I traded in my 250 (6,700 Miles) which nabbed me close to $3,000 and with the money in the bank I put down $2,000 and now only owe them $345.62. After that it shall be ALL MINE!!!! ^_^

Why did I get another 250, you ask?
Because my first one was bought used (even though it only had 500 miles on it, I still didn't like knowing I had adopted a rejected baby, so knowing that I will be this one's first parent, I am thrilled. :p) and because I don't like BLACK vehicles! My god I hate the black 250s. The Red/Silver model just looks so much better and stands out more. Believe it or not but tonight my housemate actually thought I got a different model bike because of the color. He drooled over it. lol

Anyway. I guess that's it. I put in some photos of my new and old bike and pay no mind to the stickers on the new one as I removed the fairing and warning stickers on the tank just a couple hours ago except the Honda Wing stickers on the tank because I have no idea why they are so difficult to even budge! Anyone know how to get them off because they seem integrated into the paint finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Neat

·
Banned
834 Posts
Congrats! You are the first person I've ever heard trading in the same bike to get the same bike. lol I would like to get the 600rr too but I don't ride on the highway so what would be the point to having a 100+ hp bike to cruise around town besides looking like a poser? I would end up on tv trying to outrun the cops and end up in jail with an impounded bike.

These cbr250r bikes do garner a lot of attention. I personally like red/silver much better than black myself, but the wheels look exponentially better in black. Somebody at Honda was
smoking something when they came up with the idea of putting silver wheels on this bike. Horrible idea.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Yes.

Mine next please.

·
Banned
834 Posts
^ Yes.

Mine next please.
lol. It's a pita to do, especially the rear wheel. I think I got high on the PD fumes. lol The fumes are super strong.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats!

...the Honda Wing stickers on the tank because I have no idea why they are so difficult to even budge! Anyone know how to get them off because they seem integrated into the paint finish.
There's a chance they put the decal on before the clearcoat. If so, you'll never get it off.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Couldn't you have just bought the body pieces in the color of your choice? A $2300 budget would certainly have covered the cost (several times over) of all but the most exotic custom paint jobs also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you get it at wood's? mind me asking your out the door price? our dealership in college station did not want to deal much on price... even with me paying cash. going to be in round rock the next weekend and planned on checking out wood's and centex.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think the only bike I'd trade mine in for is....

another CBR w/ ABS since I couldn't snatch an ABS model last year.:p

Congrats on the new one!

·
Registered
350 Posts
if i trade in....going to be a 600.....i ride 95% hiway....need the power to pass and what not.....
Unless you plan on racing it, I don't see being able to do 200mph on a 600cc supersport necessary for passing...

A 650 gives you *plenty* of passing torque, with better mileage, cheaper insurance, and less potential to pancake yourself against the back of a semi...

Of course, it doesn't have that "look at my big balls" ambiance...

·
Registered
414 Posts
grats on your new bike. if my favourite colour scheme came out in the UK i woudl be tempted to trade in too

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have never heard of such a thing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the red/silver as well but went with a 2012 black CBR250r with ABS. IMHO, it's a real head turner. I get a lot of complements on it as well. I also test rode the CBR600rr and I loved it! Never thought the steering was too rigid. Hmmm... Also, the GSXR is an excellent handling bike. After riding the 600rr on the highway though, it made me really want one! They still get fair gas milage and have tons of power. Perhaps I'll be more content after I get my upgrades installed. Hwy passing power on the CBR250r is kind of "Meh". LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you get it at wood's? mind me asking your out the door price? our dealership in college station did not want to deal much on price... even with me paying cash. going to be in round rock the next weekend and planned on checking out wood's and centex.
I paid almost five-thousand out of the door and only have three-hundred-forty-five dollars left to give. :)

I bought it as a whole. I try to avoid financing if possible or you'll be paying about one 250 and a half. Not worth it to me.

They also have a "tri"-color one there, too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts