Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the nice things about living in Northern CA is not having to put your bike up for winter. Temps around the SF Bay Area will at least reach the 60's tomorrow and we've had two days to dry out since the last (minor) rain. Winter riding was one reason for my going to a fuel injected bike over an old carbureted one that didn't want to start after a few weeks of not being ridden. I'll get out for at least a couple hours tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Oh for "Pete"s" sake, stop rubbing it in. I have snow on the ground where I live:D sheesh!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I live in the north SF bay area and so I must agree that it's a great place for a motorcyclist to live. It may get cold, the coldest I've seen was 4 degrees back in the 90's but it rarely drops below the low, low 30's.

It may downpour & hail like crazy and yes we get ice in the mornings but we never get snow here. Thankfully never snow. (Ok, a couple times it has actually snowed very lightly here in the last 25 years but it was all melted away before 9:00am both times)

Therefore I ride everyday rain or shine. I used to man up & endure the wet & cold but 5-6 years ago I got smart & went with a good Aerostich Roadcrater suit, heated grips (I will have them or add them to every bike I own) and electric vest.

People look at me in the winter like I'm nuts but they have no idea that I'm just as warm & cozy on my bike as they are in their cars :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Went out on a rare cool dry overcast day in Seattle. Rode 60+ miles doing errands. I don't think I even used up a gallon of gas. It would be close to 3 gallons in car. Love it. I am planning on commuting as much as I can year round. So this little guy is going to see plenty of action.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll get out for at least a couple hours tomorrow.
Same here Im riding for a couple of hours tomorrow. Going through the back roads through a little shorty twisty type of area then to a city type of enviroment. Went on this route on Friday, had a blast. One stretch of the back road I was able to get my bike up to 60. Planning on getting lunch too.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I was in L.A. last weekend, it was as cold their as it was in good ol' Indiana the whole time. Actually even today it was raining and 50*F still. If it weren't raining I could of wrapped up and went out.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It is tomorrow already. Yesterday I wasn't going to ride my motorcycle today, but last night the gear cable on my bicycle snapped, so it is stuck in top gear. I cannot get replacement till tomorrow (Monday), so I took my motorcycle out to go the 8 or 9 km to Phuket's new cricket ground, which opened about a month ago. I caught up with a few friends, and watched the season's third league game.

Then, since I had the motorcycle out, I took a spin along the coast road. It was not a long ride, all up less than 50 km (30 miles) for the day, but quite a pleasant going over some hills with a few good twisty bits; sunny, about 32Cº (90Fº). I might go over the hill again later, to catch the last race of the Formula One season at a pub (no TV at home). Car racing is a bit boring compared to motorcycle racing, but OK sometimes and the circuit in Brazil looks an interesting one.

Better get back to work, getting ready for work tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
55F and sunny yesterday. I stopped by all three bike shops and business is booming. For snowmobiles. Haha. And four wheelers. There were many bikes out on the road though as people get their last rides in. The lady at the leather shop told me that her husband went to the butcher to pick up his deer meat on his goldwing. 65 pounds fit right in. No problem. Beautiful weather again today but I will be out on the bicycle and then raking some leaves. I am on call for roadside at work so will have to use the car tomorrow and then it is supposed to rain all week.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sunday Morning is the best time to ride :)

Minimal traffic so there is no need to *uck but i will probably *uck just for fun :D

today: no clouds and sunny :):)

going to ride for all the hibernating CBR's that can't go outside to play because is too cold :(

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Went for a nice blast thru the Karri forest today (sunday) near Denmark WA.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Oh dear I'm doing 120kph round a tight S bend and not tucking :D .. maybe I need cbr250.net riding lessons.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sunday Morning is the best time to ride :)

Minimal traffic so there is no need to *uck but i will probably *uck just for fun :D

today: no clouds and sunny :):)

going to ride for all the hibernating CBR's that can't go outside to play because is too cold :(
Cheers from us hibernating cbr's. Throw in a wee *uck for me.....just to be controversial:D Play safe and fun (booooooo;), that's me being jealous ha ha)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Other than the wind, it is a really nice day here in FL. Getting storms tomorrow and a cold front moving in so doubt I will ride after today until next weekend.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Went out on a rare cool dry overcast day in Seattle. Rode 60+ miles doing errands. I don't think I even used up a gallon of gas. It would be close to 3 gallons in car. Love it. I am planning on commuting as much as I can year round. So this little guy is going to see plenty of action.

November has been a halfway decent month in this rain soaked city. I get in the ride when I can, I find under 45 degrees not too fun and when it rains screw it I'm inside watching TV :). Praying to God, I can move away from Seattle, been here since 1982 and San Jose, CA is my 1st choice for relocation.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
thats actually the smaller of 2 tower tankbags that can zip together..when i ride,i usually ride out in the middle of nowhere or far from home....so I like to carry more with me than just a pack of cigarettes to bring back home to my mom like some of you guys do

I have a tire repair kit..plus 4-CO2 cartridges..2 sets of gloves..one mesh,one solid leather..a baclava...a 2 piece rainsuit...a led flashlight with a headband....my camera n case (case is sitting on top of the bag)..a large 1 liter bottle of water..sunglasses..some bungee cords (never know) ...rag, couple lint free towels, a small bottle of STP gas treatment....

room for a little more stuff in there......most all of the compliments on the road from strangers have come with that magnetic tank bag on it ....so

·
Registered
119 Posts
Barring any snowfall, I am out there on my morning commute everyday up here in Vancouver Canada! It's definitely chilly in the am tho, 2-6 degrees Celsius. Bundle up, and ride warm!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The coast was great today. It's actually less likely to be fogged in in Fall and Winter than summer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Did 150 mile ride and Advanced MSF Skillzdays course today !!!
Improving my riding skills (best power modifier) and the enjoyment of a long ride all rolled into one 80 degree 10 hour Southern California day !!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts