Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pics attached show how I support my soft luggage to prevent it sagging in towards the wheel.
Made from 30x3mm steel it is supported behind the rear footrests and from under the rear seat.
Under the rear seat you will see two bolts which support the rear light cluster.Remove these and drill through for longer bolts to pass through the plastic .Then you can bolt the new frame to these above the rear wheel.
Hope the pics explain better

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Abba Stands,but at the moment they dont do a fitting for the 250.
I have done a mod to a fitting from a previous bike.
The stand comes as a standard item and you buy the fitting to suit your bike,which means if you change the bike you only need to buy new fitments.
Email them and try to push as they said they will get around to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Abba Stands,but at the moment they dont do a fitting for the 250.
I have done a mod to a fitting from a previous bike.
The stand comes as a standard item and you buy the fitting to suit your bike,which means if you change the bike you only need to buy new fitments.
Email them and try to push as they said they will get around to it.
Thanks for the info. Looks like they got around to it. From email today:

We now have a kit available for the new CBR250. (this has not been listed online as to yet) We have sold a few stands for this model already. You just need to pop off the covers from the swing arm, these can be re fitted once the stand is removed and the stand fits over the 24mm swing arm nut heads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It bends to fit behind the rear footrest support bracket and picks up off the same two Allen bolts that hold the bracket. The bolts are long enough but longer can be fitted without problem.
I made a template first from thinner material to get the angles of the bends correct.
If it wasnt so cold and snowy right now I would go to the garage and take a pic.
Will do so if requested !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts