Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well, the time has come. You know my machine didn't have a name, I just wanted a catchy title.
I nice former Marine came and bought my '12 tri-color ABS yesterday for his 18 yo son. I'm sad to see it go. It gave me 7324 great and fun miles since Nov '12. I put a battery in it, and some new tires and that was it; it never failed me and it had no rattle or stall issues. Overall it was a great machine, good looking, very capable with outstanding gas mileage. We did a track day at Cresson. We went down to COTA in Austin for MotoGP. We did a lot of commuting. We ran some errands. And took some spirited runs with Fort Worth Motorcycle Riders. I'm so glad I chose the CBR250RA as my fist bike and learner. I'm a very satisfied owner, and will always remember it fondly. I might have kept it but my packed full of toys garage only has room for 1 motorcyle. I now look forward to the next chapter in my motorcycleing life and buying that next machine. I'm down to R3 or CBR500RA.
I will remember many of you fondly, Wynn, Live2Ride, Aufit, Shoshin, MotoMike, cbrlocal, and many more I can't remember right now. You can see I didn't post much, I only said what I felt was important, but I stopped in almost everyday. I doubt I'll be by much as I'm off to haunt the forum of my next machine, but I'm sure I will stop by from time to time to keep tabs on what's happening. Well I better sign off before I get all misty. Be well and keep the rubber on the road.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You certainly got smiles for your miles on the cbr, well done and glad you enjoyed it.

ps.. go the blue one, :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Excited for you on your next purchase. Either of the bikes you're looking at will be a good choice. Depends what the style of riding you do. Long distance/highway the 500r will more than meet your needs for comfort and torque. The R3 will make you smile as you boot around town with byways of twisties in the future. Keep us informed on your eventual purchase??

I'm with Aufitt.....by the blue one ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess I have to change my name to Texas500. I got a 2014 CBR500R non abs on Saturday. 2793 miles, excellent but needing cleaning, 2 brothers exhaust for $4000. He threw in the stock exhaust and a bunch of riding gear. No extra key and no manual. I did want the R3, blue of course, but this was a heck of a deal, and I decided to go this route for a while.
I really like it, looks cool, good power, good mileage, good handling, decent insurance. 75 mph is only 6000rpms. So all and all I'm pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
honda make motorcycles for all purposes..
if your use includes or changes to higher
speed capabilities etc, then its an easy
choice, from any of the fine options
honda create for these uses..

looking back on mine, and noting others'
comments [and current sales figures]
another good option is to keep your honda,
which will aside from being what it is
for you, become an appreciating asset..

wouldnt mind the current sales prices for
my long gone cb72, cb450, cb750/4 k2 and k6
excellent honda road motorcycles...

·
2,015 Posts
And, the 2014 doesn't need it's valves checked until 16K miles.

I hope that you enjoy the bike. {I like my 500X}

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I wish I didn't have to sell my 500. I'm still in mourning...sack cloth and ashes :(

You will love your 500. Smooth, nice looking and does everything you want it too. Funny though, I had more fun on my 250 which is why in the spring I'm buying a 300. All the best with your new baby

1 - 9 of 9 Posts