Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also cut off the piece of mudguard that came down below the license plate. Think it looks nicer ending with just the plate.

Have some rear plate holders modded here in Thailand, cheap too, about 1000 thb, but yet to decide what mods I'm going to do.

For sure I'm getting the silver painted black, with black rims with red rim tape. And will go for a carbon fibre pipe in the future too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nice scenery in the pics. your bike should look amazing with all the trim pieces painted black including the rims. your bike will look a lot more aggressive when you do all of those. as for the license plate there a plate holders made for other bikes that put them more inside the rear of the bike for a stealthy look. it puts the license plate under the passenger seat.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers. Yes I'm not a fan of the Thai paint scheme compared to the all black that America will get. Much prefer the all black. Will add some red rim tape and maybe lower the nose a little once it's been painted. Most of my riding now is around city commuting and no time for anymore long trips for a while so might make it more of a street fighter :D maybe change the sprockets for sheer acceleration as I can't remember the last time I had the opportunity to ride it flat out. :( Working too hard!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just black out the bike with matte black paint!
well for city riding you should be okay for it now.So far how are you liking the bike?
the red tape might be over kill try adding some custom vinyls to bike giving it a more a design to it.

Thats what weekends are for ! for you to relax and go alllll out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great pics, definitely have some beautiful scenery there. Good choice on making the muffler guard black, it gives it a much more aggressive look than the silver.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Think I'll go for gloss black to match the tank and side fairing. Will do the rims in matte to match the muffler guard I painted.

I'm not really into custom jobs with designs or vinyl etc. Simply all black is more my style. It's quite cheap here to get Honda to do themselves. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you remove the reflectors from the mud-guard and front forks? I see them on most pictures but noticed they aren't on your bike. Also, is yours the Non-ABS version? If so this is the first one I have seen and I like it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Beautiful!

Very nice indeed. Black is very popular. Good for me cause I want the red one..I like to be seen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's my angle, being seen on the bike rather than just hoping the bike itself gets me noticed. That being said...I'm not in-love with the red bike based on pictures, however if they only have the red on on the showroom floor when I get the call I will definitely take a look and see what I think in person.
Just to clarify, I absolutely do like the red one- just not as much as the black one based on pictures:)

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you remove the reflectors from the mud-guard and front forks? I see them on most pictures but noticed they aren't on your bike. Also, is yours the Non-ABS version? If so this is the first one I have seen and I like it!
Think the reflectors are only on the US model. Haven't seen them in pics from any other of the countries. Mine is the non-ABS model, which were released 2-3 months before the ABS model here.

When it's all black I plan to put some small red reflectors on the bottom side fairings.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Im not a huge fan of the shade of the red they offered with the cbr. I like more of a brighter sharper candy apple red.

But i guess black will do, with some crazy colored rims! haha Black to me in general just looks sleek and sleeper like.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I agree, Ducati red - Nice.
Maroon/brown red - Not so nice.

The CBR250 is a mini version of the VFR1200 so guess they felt the need to copy the colour scheme.

Luckily the baby version ended up much prettier than its parent. :D

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

Got the black fairing pieces a few days ago. And painted the rims myself.

Picked up four car door rubber protectors (that people stick on the rim of their door by the handle) and put two (with 'Type R' on them, couldn't resist) on the bottom of the rear fairing, and two on the side of the side fairing.

Next will get the seat recovered, with some red stitching and yet to choose my after market pipe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts