Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I sold my CBR a while ago, but like with most forums, I just thought I'd let my membership die on the vine. Got this e-mail the other day.

Dear Brad,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Honda CBR250R Discussion Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.232.144

All the best,
Honda CBR250R Discussion Forum
So, I could just change my e-mail to a bogus one and be done with it, but though I'd bring it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Hi,

I sold my CBR a while ago, but like with most forums, I just thought I'd let my membership die on the vine. Got this e-mail the other day.

So, I could just change my e-mail to a bogus one and be done with it, but though I'd bring it up.
That the e-mail you received refers to "Honda CBR250R Discussion Forum" sounds completely bogus... this site here is simply CBR250.net.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That the e-mail you received refers to "Honda CBR250R Discussion Forum" sounds completely bogus... this site here is simply CBR250.net.
When I got failed logins I'm pretty sure it said CBR250 Discussion Forum too. But then again not sure.

How it says "all the best" at the end it does seem like this forums emails since all the other emails had the same thing.

I doubt its a bogus email..

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
ip 188.143.232.144 hit on stopforumspam.com provides id as;
date; 14-jun-13
username; adorkappy,
email; [email protected]
ip address; toxic or "bad" email domain

google for ip gives many hits fm stpetersburg russian federation..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I decided to try it.. And yeah, This forums do show different it seems.. Just the ending is different. Seems the first line is a bit diff too.

Must be from the other CBR250 site.
Also, It says "Brad" Not "CBRad" It should say CBRad if it was from here.

Dear Arrethul,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 67.XXX.XXX.XXX

All the best,
Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've also received the email (3 times) that my account has been locked due to incorrect password. The IP address is from Russia. The other side of the world from me.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
The only suggestion I can come up with would be to make sure you have a really good password.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts