Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Does yours hit the swingarm when you lift it up? I put the 13T on mine, and adjusted it to ~30mm. Anything higher and it seems to hit the swingarm when I lift it up, feels a bit too loose. So aimed for 25-30mm.
When I push up on the underside, below the rear edge of the chain slider, it just touches the slider at the rear edge. I set the free play to 1.250" (aprox. 32 mm) when the bike was new, and then re-set it to the same spec when I installed the 13T at 2500 miles. Now 9000+ miles on the bike and I haven't had to re-adjust it at all. I run the chain free play on my XR's to the larger side of the spec as well... seems to result in longer chain & sprocket life.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I run the chain free play on my XR's to the larger side of the spec as well... seems to result in longer chain & sprocket life.
Ah okay. I re-set mine, about 25-26mm on tightest spot, around 30mm on loosest spot. Seems all right. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Switched to 13t on front too. Really worth trying. I'll leave mine like that. Much more fun to ride. Set freeplay like with stock sprocket. Wish I would've switched earlier.
Thanks you guys for telling us what sprockets are available and can be used. Found mine on eBay for 13€.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Are there any street benefits to going with an aftermarket chain? If so, what are the benefits and which chains are most highly regarded?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Are there any street benefits to going with an aftermarket chain? If so, what are the benefits and which chains are most highly regarded?
Only if you go with a Non Oring for an extra half a Hp.
I noticed the difference big time with less rolling resistance.

Was an RK 520, only costs $50-$75

Just dont buy Chinese ANYTHING.

Reactions: Stichill

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Alright, thanks Aufitt. What do you think about D.I.D.'s claims for their "X-Ring"?
Everyone loves them, less rolling resistance I'm told.

But looking at your bike (pic of your gearshift rod), clean and well maintained...
If an owner knows how to lube a chain with chain wax every 500km and doesn't go off the tarmac or neglect it and treat it Indian style,
a non O ring will last ages on 23hp.

Back in the old days that all we had and they lasted 30-40,000km.

What I don't like about the cbr 250 chain is its so stiff and its size is overkill for a 250, its gotta rob power.
But if ppl would stop overtightening, it would outlast the bike lol.

Reactions: Stichill

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got mine on Webike Japan.

I like it. I like the results on low rpm. It makes the bike vibrate more but still manageable, just had to get along with it and shift more than the usual stock settings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just found out the sprocket I ordered is the wrong size (Renthal Steel Front Sprocket - 13T - 292-520-13GP).

Having trouble finding ones from Renthal on eBay. Can I get an update on sourcing one of these? Taking it down to 13t and just wanted something high quality for the added stress.

Thanks.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts