Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to change the speedometer to show km/h instead of mph (for a bike bought in the US)? From what I have seen, the LCD has a couple of buttons but am not sure what they are for and wondering if this is a (relatively) easy change.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Read the owners manual. It's possible to change it and its very easy. I want to say that you hold the left button down for like three to five seconds and it changes it. Not sure. My owners manual is under the seat of my bike in my garage. I will look it up when I get home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There should be two buttons below the speedometer. One that says reset and other that says mode. Press and hold the mode button till it the mph and miles start blinking. After that press the reset button, changing mph to km/h, then press and hold mode again till its stops bliking.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sorry bout hijacking your thread but I noticed my speedo off by 5kph...anyone else have this? I know it's been discussed WAY back when??? I compared with a fellow rider I was riding with. My speedo was registering 95 while his was 90. Annoying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry bout hijacking your thread but I noticed my speedo off by 5kph...anyone else have this? I know it's been discussed WAY back when??? I compared with a fellow rider I was riding with. My speedo was registering 95 while his was 90. Annoying.
Bikes are notoriously overclocked. My gixxer reads +5 or 6 @55mph. Don't know what it is at the top end. If you're concerned about it, get a speedohealer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Of topic but live to ride that's a beautiful pit in your avatar! My wife and I have a fawn colored female that is great. They get a horrible rap because of careless, idiotic owners. Ours is our friendliest most loveable dog out of our three. She's a huge cuddler. lol Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
350 Posts
...not to continue the hijack...but... my speedo is in sync with my GPS as well. Apparently, the U.S. bikes are calibrated dead on, and others (at least those we've heard from in Thailand, and Oz) are slightly overclocked to (I assume) err on the side of caution...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another U.S. speedo and odo here that are dead on. Verified with GPS. All my other bikes have been off. My SV650 speedo is about 10% high but the odometer is only about 1-2% high.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
maybe his speedo was off and not yours? My TomTom gps on my bike shows the exact same speed my cbr's speedometer is showing

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Are all the NA bikes including Canada dead on?

My Ninja 250 was a hair short of 10% off. Odometer was pretty spot on though.

I've tested all the cars in my household and they're off by a bit as well 2-5%.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
maybe his speedo was off and not yours? My TomTom gps on my bike shows the exact same speed my cbr's speedometer is showing
Good point, didn't think of that. I had my SMH10 on my helmet so I asked my buddy what his speed was cause I noticed lots of vehicles passing me but my speedo registered 95....I was aready above the speed imited. Something didn't make sense cause it didin't feel like I was doing that speed. My riding answered his speed was 90. I'm not worried bout it but it is annoying. I'll just be cognisant my speedo's out by 5k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There should be two buttons below the speedometer. One that says reset and other that says mode. Press and hold the mode button till it the mph and miles start blinking. After that press the reset button, changing mph to km/h, then press and hold mode again till its stops bliking.
Just wondering where did you take this procedure from? I found a manual (http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CBR250R-RA 32KYJE000.pdf) but there is no reference in it on how to do this. Could someone test/confirm this? Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My owners manual has it on page 20, but it states it is only available on models II E and IV E only. The first page in the manual has these 2 models as being UK versions.

The instructions say just press and hold the mode button. then press to swap ( I assume once it starts flashing), then press and hold again to set.

Of course I tried it and it did not work...Aussie model.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Wont work for me either despite it being in the manual.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine will switch back and forth also. The salesman at the dealer that was showing me all the different things on the bike found it by accident (he didn't even know it did that, lol) while trying to set my clock. On mine you just press and hold the mode button and when it starts flashing you hit the reset button to go back and forth.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts