Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great blog...

Can absolutely identify with your sport/touring criteria sans speed...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Always love your blog posts, Ibex...They're just not frequent enough :)

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Great write up. Encapsulates to true meaning of riding for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Enjoyed the blog, nice write up. Made me feel like I was out riding there for a minute instead of sitting at work haha.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nice posts! Interesting reads. I actually did a ride out to Gettysburg on the CBR.

I'm still working on polishing my blog on my ride reports as well. I finally got it off my own private webspace and onto wordpress.com

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is my latest trip report (click for pics)

Sport Touring: The Tarmac Surfer Rises.

Mileage: 310 miles/ 496km
Weather: 55F/13C
Highest MPG 78.2

It’s been awhile since the 250R and I have seen the open road and today, well it was time to gear up and set off from my subterranean quarters. The destination: Eastern Maryland. It’s early Saturday, the temperature is ideal hovering around 55F/ 13C.
It has been a long hot summer and I have spent an excessive amount of time in this thing we call concrete jungle (BM), it’s time to surf, enter the 250R.

As usual trying to leave Mega-metropolis behind it’s a bit challenging, its gravitational pull is fairly strong and it wants to drag me back into the Abyss.
Once I reached the Other side (RHCP) and crossed the Bay Bridge in Annapolis, MD., the cool ocean breeze and salty aroma offer the Remedy BC I’ve been looking for, the highway narrows into a two lane road follow by multiple back roads to choose from, moto bliss is near I can sense it.

I’m not the only one who planned a day near the ocean and I have plenty of company on the road, Ocean City MD, is hosting Bike Week and hundreds of moto-pilgrims are making their way to the shoreline. Everywhere I looked there are shiny, powerful steeds, I scanned my surroundings in hope of locating another moto minimalist, but no such luck today. It appears I may be the only one riding a 250.

There are too many vehicles on the road and just like a Las Vegas buffet line things begin to slow down, this is not an option for me. I must keep moving. I checked the map on my tank bag and plotted a new route, ah beautiful it works and I continued to roll. One of the things I look for while touring is small towns, I know that one day soon I will relocate and having an extensive knowledge of nice small towns may prove to be helpful, eastern Maryland offers a glimpse of possibilities.

It ‘s now around 1400 and I have been on the road for a few hours, the saddle feels like concrete bench and the fuel tank it’s not the only tank that is running low, I need to find a place to eat and rest. I cruised past Ocean City, MD, on my way to Berlin, MD. A fellow moto enthusiast recommended a brewing company to visit if ever in the area, well, I’m in the area and I’m thirsty, except I will have to take it home.

After running in circles for a few minutes I located the Brewery, secured a couple souvenirs and cruised down main street looking for a place to eat and some sightseeing. Berlin, seemed like a nice town, albeit too nostalgic, I snapped a few shots, geared up and got back on the road, I’m only half way into this trip and it’s already 1600, time to let the 250 do what it does best, let it roll. It’s time for me to get home.

It was a beautiful day, full of awesome weather, smooth tarmac, nice sightseeing and a few close calls that quickly brought me back to reality! In a time where faux-reality shows are ubiquitous, Comics have become blockbusters and social media pollutes your mind, Sport touring is reality, exponential beautiful reality. In the end I’d rather be my own superhero, a Tarmac Surfer. Stop asking yourself, I wonder (SR) if..[insert own questions], go out there create your own reality and Enjoy the Ride.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great post. Keep em comin

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
DaminanW, you're welcome. How is the riding down in N.Z?
I'm very much a noob but the rides in the last couple of weekends have been awesome. Have posted summaries with photos in the ride reports forum. This weekend I plan to do a round trip of the Coromandel Peninsula -- some of the best beaches on the planet (New Chums beach is top 10 in Lonely Planet Guide) so might pack my 'budgie smugglers'... nah 'boardies' it is :D

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 25 Posts