Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Michigan and its finally warming up and time to ride again. Meeting some friends this morning for coffee and then a day of riding. Looks like ill be riding it to work again to. Talking 60 - 70 all week. YAHOO

·
Registered
427 Posts
Same up here in Northern Ontario. Supposed to be near 50F all week.

Most of the snow we got last week is already gone, but theirs still drifts and the roads are absolutely covered in crap. I'm gonna have to wait a bit until we have a good couple of rains.

The end is near. WOOF'NHOO!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Actually I wish it was 10 degrees cooler this week. Heated gloves still connected to battery:D
With those and the fact we barely got any snow, this winter was pretty nice. Heated gloves are super comfy.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I wish it was 10 degrees cooler this week. Heated gloves still connected to battery:D
With those and the fact we barely got any snow, this winter was pretty nice. Heated gloves are super comfy.
Got a tour master heated jacket for christmas and just love it. Gloves are next on the list

·
Registered
636 Posts
yup..just went out for a nice little ride.. only came home cause it was gettin foggy and the roads are gettin that little shiny layer of mist on them..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It's supposed to be in the 70s here all week too, going to go ride the Dragons Tail at deals gap again wed or thurs..73-76 forcast for those days ...probably ride the Cherohala Skyway while I'm in the area too..probably 7-8 hours in the saddle by the time I get home.... calling for rain monday tho...looks like I picked a great week to take a week off from work :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Google tells me Florida, Mississippi, Texas, California, Arizona, Alabama, Kentucky, Nevada would be far more hospitable places to live?

I cannot fathom living somewhere that keeps you indoors because its too cold to go outside and ride for 6 months per year.
We get July/August thats cold and wet, but the rest makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Google tells me Florida, Mississippi, Texas, California, Arizona, Alabama, Kentucky, Nevada would be far more hospitable places to live?

I cannot fathom living somewhere that keeps you indoors because its too cold to go outside and ride for 6 months per year.
We get July/August thats cold and wet, but the rest makes up for it.

I know, it sucks. I've had the bike for a few months and i've just finally taken it to work for the first time today.

Can't wait for spring/summer, this bike will make being single wayyy too easy. :cool:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's supposed to be in the 70s here all week too, going to go ride the Dragons Tail at deals gap again wed or thurs..73-76 forcast for those days ...probably ride the Cherohala Skyway while I'm in the area too..probably 7-8 hours in the saddle by the time I get home.... calling for rain monday tho...looks like I picked a great week to take a week off from work :)
Wow you live in a great area for riding. Been down there many times. The Gap is great but hear the cops are getting to be a real problem writing lots of tickets

·
Registered
385 Posts
Florida's nice but be careful if touring swampland on one of these little bikes - Burmese pythons have now taken up residence :)
California has had a mild, dry winter but it looks like we'll have a cool, wet spring -same pattern as the last two years. Fair weather riders are shut in maybe 3-4 months out of the year here (coastal areas anyway); everyone else can ride year round. Just about the highest gas prices in the nation though. Actually, just about the highest everything in the nation.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Lol. you guys are lucky. Here in the PNW (Pacific North West) its all homicidal suicidal gloom doom rain and cold endlessly for weeks on end with no end in sight.

I think people will be calling in UFO reports if and when the sun does ever appear.
"there is this strange orange/yellow ball thing in the sky and it hurts my eyes when i
look at it" :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
You guys should move to Texas! It's supposed to be 84 here today. Finally got to ride my ceebee for the first time yesterday and put 40 miles on it in no time. So glad the weather is good.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Lol. you guys are lucky. Here in the PNW (Pacific North West) its all homicidal suicidal gloom doom rain and cold endlessly for weeks on end with no end in sight.

I think people will be calling in UFO reports if and when the sun does ever appear.
"there is this strange orange/yellow ball thing in the sky and it hurts my eyes when i
look at it" :)
You vampires can run faster than a cheetah can't you? Don't know why you even want a motorcycle? :p

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Windy

Hello All!

I purchased my 2011 CBR 250R 2 weeks ago and took it out for the first time today. Unfortunately I spent nearly 15 miles driving directly into the wind. While taking the curves, the wind gusts made this bike feel rather unstable.

I've riden a few bikes before but haven't really noticed being pushed around like this before.

Can anyone relate to my experience?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Spring in North idaho, Rain, rain, rain. Hopefully ride next week.
Aufitt, yes it sucks being in north Idaho. snow , ice , sleet, shoveling snow. But its great when we put our batterys back in , & start the bike up for spring. Its kinda like a head rush every spring. Luckly mild winter this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts