Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Must not order carbon bits... must not order carbon bits...

So... is it FULL carbon, or carbon wrap over fiber glass?

WAIT, don't tell me, I must not order carbon bits...
Depending on the part, it is either 2x2 twill or plain weave 5.8 oz carbon cloth, with a 3ish ouce backer. Primarily carbon - but what I'd call pretty/cosmetic carbon, not dry layup, ultralight and ugly race carbon.

Bill

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
To each their own! We can only do our best here at TygaUSA. Most people order more than one small (1 ounce to be more accurate) item and enjoy the quick Priority mail shipping for $5 or so. Anodized items sometimes get crushed/scratched even in the padded USPS envelopes, and those are an option too for such little items like this!

There is clearly no way to describe every possible shipping option on the website. You'll just have to trust that a pair of fellow motorcyclists have your best interests at heart. You can beat me up for the shipping module(s) if you want - that's OK. I'm just trying to offer great prices and quality products for a cool little bike :cool:

Bill

PS - I'm pretty sure you can buy this for like $16.96 at your local Honda dealer, too - not certain.
LMAO..yeah, your actually right...$5 shipping doesn't sound so bad after all..lol...i'll probably peruse around your site a little and maybe pick up a couple other things while i am at it :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bump...to make it easy on all of you - free FedEx ground shipping through the end of September! Just mention *CBR250 Free Shipping* at checkout, and I'll refund any shipping charges back promptly!

Can't make it much simpler than that! All CBR items on sale NOW!

Bill

·
Registered
278 Posts
As long as we're playing wish list, I would spring for a set of bars that are 1 inch or more HIGHER then stock. That's the only thing that's missing from my bike that would make it the perfect pocket-sport-touring mount.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Higher bars? Intersting...the CBR feels pretty upright (stock) to me - moreso than my VFR800fi does. I'll pass along the suggestion.

And my Hawk's point of view:
I did a few back to back 9+ hour days on the bike. Higher bars would made those days easier. A lot of the time I had to sit upright and have just my extended fingers on the bars (not curled onto the grips).. Even that was not quite enough sit up.

There's a reason why touring bikes don't come with clip on bars...

Heli-Bars has made quite a business for themselves over the years supplying replacement handlebars for sport and sport-touring bikes whose stock bars were not suitable for long haul riding (because they were too low).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ahh, those sound like long days on the little CBR. I do, however, beg to differ. My VFR800 has clipons - and tours well!

Still, I agree for extended long day touring, higher bars can make the difference. There (might) be a Heli product that fits - shoot them an email!

WW

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Starting to not like the high apehangers on the cbr... they are just far too cruiser for my lanky frame.

Are the TYGA ones further forward as well as lower?.. if so how much each way?

Trying to compare them with another type.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Don't believe they're much further forward, if any. They are about 25mm lower when maintained above the top triple (might be possible to install below the triple to make them even lower, would have to investigate, but this would become a VERY sporting position if so).

WW

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Don't believe they're much further forward, if any. They are about 25mm lower when maintained above the top triple (might be possible to install below the triple to make them even lower, would have to investigate, but this would become a VERY sporting position if so).

WW
Another brand says their '1" risers' are the lowest without hitting the fairing at full lock each way. designed to go above the top triple clamp like yours.

Could I have a pic looking directly down the fork tubes from the top please? I'd like to see the offset.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks to me like you could go lower than an inch (that's how much lower than stock the Tyga bars are) but you'd have to be careful with the cable routing/lever alignment, etc. My guess is that anymore than about 1.5-2" would be problematic.

Here you go.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Excellent, thankyou very much, thats a quality bit of kit and looks further forward as well as 25mm lower, i'll put a pic up in the morning of the std bars same overhead aspect to compare.

Down and forward is what I want, and a little wider.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ahh, those sound like long days on the little CBR. I do, however, beg to differ. My VFR800 has clipons - and tours well!

Still, I agree for extended long day touring, higher bars can make the difference. There (might) be a Heli product that fits - shoot them an email!

WW
Heli has sold A LOT of bars for the VFR800. Younger guys can tour on an R1 if they want to but older guys/gals like me need a little help :)

A bike like the 'toy' 250 isn't on Heli's radar and probably won't ever be...

21 - 40 of 61 Posts