Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know it there optional sprokets available for this bike? Thinking about trying to gear it up a little. Maybe lower rpms on highway and get a little more on top end. Guy I work with did it on his 250 ninga and sain its much better Just wondering????

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
NA

Does anyone know it there optional sprokets available for this bike? Thinking about trying to gear it up a little. Maybe lower rpms on highway and get a little more on top end. Guy I work with did it on his 250 ninga and sain its much better Just wondering????
I can't find any front sprockets available yet. The CBR250R has a weird shaft. It is similar to the Z11 shaft from the 80's but measures 21mm. Why did Honda have to re invent the shaft for this bike?
The rear is already very small at 38T. I want to go up 2 teeth in the front for better highway fuel economy but there aren't any parts for this bike out yet. Top speed is always going to be power vs aerodynamics limited with this bike. Going longer with the gearing might make it into a 5th gear top speed bike and actually lose a few mph unless an exhaust system can add a few horsepower. But I never need to go faster than 80 mph anyway. I have written to some companies that advertise custom sprockets to see if they will make something for me and will post a group buy thread if I come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I can't find any front sprockets available yet. The CBR250R has a weird shaft. It is similar to the Z11 shaft from the 80's but measures 21mm. Why did Honda have to re invent the shaft for this bike?
Maybe because it was designed in Thailand

Dunno for sure, but maybe the it is the same as the one they use on the step-thru's Thai Honda turn out by the million each year.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
scooter shaft

Maybe because it was designed in Thailand

Dunno for sure, but maybe the it is the same as the one they use on the step-thru's Thai Honda turn out by the million each year.
That would make sense but if that were the case, Someone big like JT sprockets would have replacements listed for those models. They post drawings of all their sprockets online but have yet to find any that look like my shaft. It is close to a Z-11 but only measures 21mm dia.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts