Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it started after a ride in the rain last week. When I'm riding and do an up shift, it makes a squeaky noise. And even when I down shift. Is there somewhere by the shift area I'm suppose to lube or something? Anything will helps! Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
not meaning to change topics, but search sucks on this forum, as in it does not seem to work. type 'shift' or 'shifter' and get nothing.

there have been posts about the shift lever pivot being loose. Mine was not loose yet, but it was not tight so it probably would have come loose. It also did not have much lube. I cleaned lubed and loctited mine. You might look there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not meaning to change topics, but search sucks on this forum, as in it does not seem to work. type 'shift' or 'shifter' and get nothing.

there have been posts about the shift lever pivot being loose. Mine was not loose yet, but it was not tight so it probably would have come loose. It also did not have much lube. I cleaned lubed and loctited mine. You might look there.
Thanks lll take a look at it tomorrow morning. It's not a big deal at first to me, but now it's getting annoying. I can hear when I'm shifting in the freeway.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Take a 5mm T handle allen key,
Undo bolt and slide the gear lever off the shaft,
clean the inside of the gear lever and the pivot pin with rag,
wipe waterproof grease or Anti seize to both surfaces.
Reinstall.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I find google works well at finding threads on this forum. So well I don't think I've used this forums search more than a couple of times.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I think it started after a ride in the rain last week. When I'm riding and do an up shift, it makes a squeaky noise. And even when I down shift. Is there somewhere by the shift area I'm suppose to lube or something? Anything will helps! Thanks!
Could it be your brand new leather boots? Just a question:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts