Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all thinking about getting ss braided brake lines.
Anyone got some on their bike yet? Did they give much better feel?
I know spielger and galfer do sets for our bike for $95 + postage. Does anyone know of anyone else who does them for our bike?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Really dont think its worth the expence for normal street riding. If your on a race track and constantly braking hard then it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
SS Lines !? :cool:

like the sound of that !!:D

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive.:eek:

give a me few days to get them and put them on with some proof ;)

btw- past experience SS lines: they reduce expansion during pressurization.

plus is one of her "RR" requirements ;)

....she's almost there :)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:confused: GALFER here in the USA is making a set for my 2011 CBR250R A (ABS BRAKES) they have them for none ABS I am told :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
This is one of the mods I want to do on mine.
I have no intention of spending a bunch of $$$ to try and make my bike faster but more consistent braking and better suspension are a must.

I might not do the rear, I hardly touch the thing anyway but a SS front line is just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SS Lines !? :cool:

like the sound of that !!:D

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive.:eek:

give a me few days to get them and put them on with some proof ;)

btw- past experience SS lines: they reduce expansion during pressurization.

plus is one of her "RR" requirements ;)

....she's almost there :)
Let us know which brand you end up getting and how much they cost.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these look good :)

Spiegler Performance Parts - Motorcycle Brake Line Kits

$95 too ? :confused:

just looked at my brake pads :eek:

any good sites for replacements ?
personally like the Honda stock pads.
might have to go into a dealer to order some.:mad:

unless some one has a good site :):cool:
Yeah speilger and galfer are the same price. There is some brembo brand brake pads on eBay. Haven't actually looked at them to see if they're for our bike. Also don't know if they're any good or not but they are brembo.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:confused: I let them have the bike as a doner bike , they have not come up with a price as of today. my bike has ABS:cool:
You should get a discount for donating your bike so they can make a template for them. Have you made the abs kick on on your bike yet?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I installed stainless lines on one of my Honda CBR 600s. I really could tell no difference and wouldnt do it again for normal street riding. They are better for sure under extreeme conditiones but dont think the average street rider will really benifit from them. They look cool so go for it if it makes you feel better about your bike

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I installed stainless lines on one of my Honda CBR 600s. I really could tell no difference :confused::confused: for normal street riding.
had them on my 600rr too and they did make a difference for me , but you did say:

"They are better for sure under extreeme conditiones but dont think the average street rider will really benifit from them." -250 Tom

....and you are probably right , but me personally , extreme driving is my middle name.

Street "extreme driving" Sniper ;)

rolling stoppies and balance point wheelies require every advantage/piece of mind you can get :eek:

the rear line is done - test drive tomorrow

btw- was going to buy just a clear hoes and a plastic bottle for the manual bleed but when asked the guy @ Discount Auto Parts in my area about the pump and he gave me 3 options:

a. buy the clear hoes that come with a bottle ($7.99+tax)
b. bleeder pump ($50+tax)
c. in-house bleeder pump (free?)

....was going to do a manual pump with a. .......but took c.

you pay them $50 and they refund every penny when you bring their pump back in one piece :cool:

did not know they rented this tool out.;)passing the info just in case :cool:

ps. she does not need lines to "look cool" :p

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just about to buy the galfers online. The master cylinder starts showing about half full after a good ride in the hills. I suspect that is partly due to expansion in brake lines?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts