Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If anyone is curious, I just rang, they said they sprayed some fluid around the manifold and it was bubbling. Going to be 2 hours labour to 'seal it up' and 12 week wait on ordering a new manifold, they quoted $20 for the part.

Looking at $280 for the two hours...as long as it runs until I can get the long term fix I suppose.

Someone earlier posted about what they said. I even rang and asked the last mechanic that directly and he said he checked it.

They straight up lied to me then, might look into a refund

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, definitely get all your paperwork (previous and new receipts) in order and file complaint with consumer affairs. Upload your convo with idiot mechanic and include link to it. Don't know about aus, but in U.S. and CA, you can lose your business licence if there's too many complaints.

Did you pay by credit card? If you get favourable response from consumer affairs, send that and your paperwork to CC company and they can reverse some or all the charges.

Here, I'd also go after them in small-claims court. Takes very little effort and results are worth it. Make sure all documentation is in order. Would be good to write everything that happened down in log of sorts so it'll be easier for judge to understand. You'll also get flustered and frustrated in court trying to explain, so best to have it all written down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If anyone is curious, I just rang, they said they sprayed some fluid around the manifold and it was bubbling. Going to be 2 hours labour to 'seal it up' and 12 week wait on ordering a new manifold, they quoted $20 for the part.

Looking at $280 for the two hours...as long as it runs until I can get the long term fix I suppose.

Someone earlier posted about what they said. I even rang and asked the last mechanic that directly and he said he checked it.

They straight up lied to me then, might look into a refund
F

File a complaint.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts