Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike died in midway,tried starting by dumping clutch. Gave a few rmp revs and still died. Went to mechanic, got the battery checked nothing wrong, bypassed the starter relay all good. Still no crank.
Gives a clicking noise when i press the ignition switch

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The bike died in midway,tried starting by dumping clutch. Gave a few rmp revs and still died. Went to mechanic, got the battery checked nothing wrong, bypassed the starter relay all good. Still no crank.
Gives a clicking noise when i press the ignition switch
Have someone else confirm the battery is good.

It needs to be checked when you hit the button, which should still give you over 10V.

Before cranking, it should read 12.7 or more.

Sounds like a low or bad battery.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
88 Posts
got the battery checked nothing wrong, bypassed the starter relay all good. [Just please. What "good?" the engine was started?]
I did not understand, after you "bypassed the starter relay" the starter turned and started the engine?
If after you "bypassed the starter relay" the starter turned and started the engine, the problem is not in the battery. The problem is in the starter relay (The solenoid works well and there is a click, but the electrical contact is not good).

Another option:
Who tested your battery?
As the other friends wrote to you, the battery has probably run out, and there is a possibility of a problem with the charging system.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yes - if jumping the Starter Relay makes it crank - that's the problem.

I picked up a bike that would barely crank-over with a confirmed strong battery. Turns out the Starter Relay was bad, and was reducing the voltage to the starter. New (used OEM actually) relay, and it cranked strong.

Many offshore relays are junk and aren't always a direct replacement for the original, no matter what they say. Kinda like fuel pumps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the battery with an authorized battery manufacturers service.
The battery was completely drained of juice initially,but was above default value so was chargeable.
When the recharged battery(also tried a new replacement battery) was in the circuit, it didn't even give a crank, Even after bypassing the relay. The bike's just dead with a full battery.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I checked the battery with an authorized battery manufacturers service.
The battery was completely drained of juice initially,but was above default value so was chargeable.
When the recharged battery(also tried a new replacement battery) was in the circuit, it didn't even give a crank, Even after bypassing the relay. The bike's just dead with a full battery.
That would suggest either voltage isn't getting to the starter due to a wiring issue, or the starter is bad. EDIT: You could take jumper cables and apply power/ground directly to the starter to see if it cranks.

Check the voltage at the relay, then at the starter, when you hit the button. If the starter is getting voltage but not spinning it would seem to be the problem.

Did the relay arc when you jumped it? If it didn't, it's not getting power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked the battery,relay and motor. Turns out that all the starting components are fine.

But when the stator cover was removed and the oil was drained out, there was a GOLDEN DUST remaining on the cover inside, and the magnet was stuck.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Checked the battery,relay and motor. Turns out that all the starting components are fine.

But when the stator cover was removed and the oil was drained out, there was a GOLDEN DUST remaining on the cover inside, and the magnet was stuck.

Any suggestions?
Can you post a picture?

Was the magnet broken loose?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont have a pic,but no the magnet was not broken.
But infact the magnet was unable to move even with the starter motor, when the oil was drained golden metal particles were in the magnet cover

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Dont have a pic,but no the magnet was not broken.
But infact the magnet was unable to move even with the starter motor, when the oil was drained golden metal particles were in the magnet cover
Can you clarify - were the particles in the oil when it was drained or inside the ignition cover?

I'm still not following the magnet issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts