Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CBR250R is a 2013, I got it four months ago with 7k miles on it and it now has about 11.5k miles on the odometer. This is my first bike, but I drove a manual transmission since 1996 so I could "ride" immediately. I dont feel like I burn the clutch or anything, I do ride it pretty hard, but for the first few months I never got false neutrals and now I get them kind of regularly. Can anyone tell me what might be going on? Thank you in advance this site is an amazing resource.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oil needs changing?
Clutch-lever needs adjustment?
Make sure both the arms coming off ball-joints on shift-rod is 90-degrees to rod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil needs changing?
Clutch-lever needs adjustment?
Make sure both the arms coming off ball-joints on shift-rod is 90-degrees to rod.
Yeah I think the clutch lever got moved somehow. I will check the arms coming off shift rod as well. Clutch plates shouldnt wear out at 11.5k miles under normal circumstances right?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You may need to lube the shift linkage pivot points.

Check the adjustment on the clutch cable/lever.

Try a different oil. Rotella T5 blend in 10W-30 is a good choice for the CBR IMO.

Be careful when you install the oil filter that it's facing the correct direction.

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
There is a non-mechanical cause for false neutrals; lazy foot (or ankle) syndrome, especially on the first to 2nd shift as the lever throw is a bit greater. I found myself guilty of that on a CB500X in my later 70s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts