Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was having a problem with my 250 not charging the battery, so i did few test with my multimeter and found out it was the stator fast forwarded a week got one in the mail so i decided to replace it. I lifted the gas tank along with the airbox a bit to unplug the stator wire cuz i wasn’t able to remove them with that little space and now when i got everything back together the bike won’t start, the lights turn on i can hear the fuel pump prime but when i start it I hear a thump coming from the battery every time i try to start it. Is there anything i could have disconnected while lifting the airbox or the fuel tank?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you need to start with fuses, this confirm 1. either fuse is blown (as you haven't removed the -ve terminal of the battery before stating the work) 2. Voltage in the terminal.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
39 Posts
my 250 not charging the battery...
It seems that your research process may have failed?
What did you check before deciding that the problem is in the stator?
The common problem is a battery that has reached the end of its life.
Now a new variable enters, whether your new assembly was successful or failed.
I think you should ignore everything you "know" until now, and start the diagnostic procedure from the beginning.
If it seems complicated, or dangerous, do not hesitate to return to an authorized garage. It happens to almost all of us, an amateurs mechanics. learning takes time and costs money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you should ignore everything you "know" until now, and start the diagnostic procedure from the beginning.
If it seems complicated, or dangerous, do not hesitate to return to an authorized garage. It happens to almost all of us, an amateurs mechanics. learning takes time and costs money.
Two of the coils of the old stator were black

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Check the voltage at the battery before you try to start it and when you hit the button.

Most likely it's way down, which would tell you the battery is either discharged or bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts