Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got my bike today and attempted to remove the 3 warning stickers on the tank. It left a nasty residue... What did u use to get that off without hurting the paint??? Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
No worries, I used Goo gone citrus, it worked great and did not damage the paint job.
+1.

After being parked in the sun all day in temps approaching 100 degrees, it occurred to me that it might be a good time to attempt decal removal. The decals came off easily enough, but as noted by the OP, left most of the adhesive on the tank. Drove home and got out the Goo Gone, applied to a soft cloth, the adhesive came off very easily.

·
Read Only
15 Posts
I took mine off yesterday with just a lint free rag and some rubbing alcohol. I've only had the bike for a week and the squares from the stickers are still visible in the paint. Guess I should have taken them off sooner.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I took mine off yesterday with just a lint free rag and some rubbing alcohol. I've only had the bike for a week and the squares from the stickers are still visible in the paint. Guess I should have taken them off sooner.
take some rubbing alcohol to it or some honda polish, it'll come off eventually

·
Registered
681 Posts
Seriously man... Goo Gone. It'll take you two minutes to get those off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
No worries, I used Goo gone citrus, it worked great and did not damage the paint job.
I used the same. Note, dont use a papertowel tho, it slightly scratches the paint. Try to get a terry cloth or some microfiber cloth.

Goo Gone works great tho.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts