Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got this sticky goo where the front wheel hand break lever meets the cable. I was at a Honda delearship (in Thailand) and the guy said that is normal. He also said that the valce check was at 8000km so yeah, don't trust him very much!! I've owned a few bikes and never was there any goo on the outside where I could actually feel it. Is this normal? Do all cbr250r have the goo just exposed like that?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeh, its called lubricant. makes things not wear out when they rub.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned a lot of bikes and it seems strange that the goo or lubricant? is where it is. It's turning the break lever brown as well. Stay tuned for a photo.

·
Registered
706 Posts
They pack the metal parts of the bike in cosmoline to avoid corrosion while shipping and sometimes they don't get it all off. I noticed this on my engine and thought it was an oil leak but after I wiped it off it wasn't leaking anymore and my dealer informed me this was a common thing with new bikes and that it's just that a spot was missed while cleaning the parts.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty thick. Sorta like grease. I wasn't sure if it was lubricant or what at first so I wasn't sure if I should wipe it off. I decided to wipe it off today. Will have to see if more comes out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The thickening could be from dirt/dust mixing with the lube or whatever it is. I would try to clean/wipe it off and see if it comes back. If so, you know that its coming from somewhere in that area.

Pics definitely help ;-)

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Thread is over 2 years old... the OP, steveeeee hasn't been logged on here in a very long time.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Easternsun necrobumped other old topics today also, lol
Yeah, I noticed that too. While there is nothing wrong with digging up old threads* and adding some new info to them, posts that are addressed to the OP's of some of those old threads are very unlikely to get a reply back... not very many of the members who were active in 2011 are still active today.

* Better to add to existing threads than starting new ones on the same old topics. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts