Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the average life expectency of the stock battery. Has anyone gotten 4 years or above?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Still on the original battery in my 2011 CBR. It's weathered many winters stored in a cold shed and still starts up on the first crank every spring, but I always (and I mean ALWAYS) keep it hooked up to a battery tender.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Got about 8 years out of the OEM Yuasa in my SV. Charged it intermittently over the winter, but never had it on a tender.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My battery final gave up the ghost this summer after 7 years. The only time I used a battery tender was during the winter when it was out of the bike.

As long as your bike doesn't have any phantom drains you should never have to put it on a tender unless its been sitting for many months.

Reactions: Radha21

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just replaced my 2012 battery this Spring. I probably could have gotten another year out of it but starting to crank slow and didn't want to take any chances. Never removed battery from bike and only used charger a few times during the winter months while in "storage".

·
Registered
272 Posts
I replaced my battery after my Stator failed.
Did some research and found out that the older your battery is the more AMP's it may take to keep it charged while riding. So the stators soldered connections failed.
I will now Replace my battery every 2 years, because let's be honest $33 for a battery here where I stay every 2 years is nothing hahaha.

Safe riding.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My battery showed no signs of dying and just died one day. Its a 2012 and this probably happened two years ago. I bought a battery and trickle charger from amazon and have had no problems since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts