Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's inside the stock bend pipe of a CBR 250r? Does it come with CAT? Do you think a less-restrictive, free flow exhaust can do some magic?

Let me know your thoughts

·
Super Moderator
6,937 Posts
The stock CBR250R exhaust has the cat inside the muffler. The stock head pipe has a double wall design, whereas aftermarket head pipes are of a single wall design.

While a small gain in peak HP can be had with a full aftermarket exhaust system and a fuel controller (to richen the fuel/air mixture), you can also expect to sacrifice a bit of low and mid range power and throttle response with such a system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the enlightenment! I shall go-ahead with an after-market bend pipe and club it with a carbon-fibre slip-on. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock CBR250R exhaust has the cat inside the muffler. The stock head pipe has a double wall design, whereas aftermarket head pipes are of a single wall design.

While a small gain in peak HP can be had with a full aftermarket exhaust system and a fuel controller (to richen the fuel/air mixture), you can also expect to sacrifice a bit of low and mid range power and throttle response with such a system.
''fuel controller''

I was wondering what's a fuel controller and where can I buy it from?

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
What Mike is really telling you is that if you get the tool to reprogram the ecu (engine control unit) you will use more fuel (decrease your gas mileage), have poorer low and mid range performance, but eek out more horse power at high rpms.

It is more practical to keep the bike stock and buy a bike with a larger engine in the future when you are ready for it.

If you are not racing, there really isn't much reason to try to modify the engine. You normally pay a lot for a little gain, and engine reliability and life span usually suffer.

·
Super Moderator
6,937 Posts
''fuel controller''

I was wondering what's a fuel controller and where can I buy it from?
Start by scrolling through this Performance forum, where you'll find numerous threads on fuel controllers.

As for buying one, I'd recommend checking with local motorcycle shops in your part of the world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Start by scrolling through this Performance forum, where you'll find numerous threads on fuel controllers.

As for buying one, I'd recommend checking with local motorcycle shops in your part of the world.
sure, thanks.. let me explore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts