Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have about 5000 miles on the bike and tried both exhausts and wanted to do a mini review for those thinking about dropping the three bills on the 2Bros. Here is the breakdown of mufflers to miles:

0000 - 1500 stock
1500 - 4500 2Bros slip-on
4500 - 5000 stock
5000 - current 2Bros slip-on

~2k miles stock vs ~3k 2Bros Slip-on

Speed/Acceleration: 2Bros feels considerably faster. Much better torque and acceleration but the top end seems the same. When on the twists the lack of torque sucks on the stock and also when you lane split to the front on lights it sucks. The torque is the most fun aspect of the bike imo, which is gimped on stock (imo).

Engine Breaking: The engine breaking is better with the stock muff. The engine decelerates the bike a whole lot better which makes stopping the bike easier and a smoother experience. The breaks arent that great on this bike so this is good for those who do most of their stopping via engine breaking like me.

Handling: The extra 12lbs really makes the bike feel nicer on the stock. Imo the bike feels too light on the 2bros. The transmission feels smoother, shifting feels smoother on stock as well. Slow speed parking lot maneuvers
feel more stable with the stock for me as well. Lane splitting also benefits from the less jerky transmission and seemingly better balance with the stock. All of this is not as noticeable at speed.

Shifting: Smoother on stock imo. Rpms are less jerky (cause there is low torque I guess)

MPG: The average of many tanks on all types of aggressive high rpm riding came out to ~55mpg for 2bros and ~60mpg on stock.

Sound: 2Bros is a million times louder. This is more annoying for those that dont like it and more attractive for those that do. I have noticed I'm less "seen" by cagers on the silent stock (my experience).

Conclusion: Stock offers some nice perks and the 2Bros is far from a pure upgrade, lots of cons to come with its pros. Imo, however, 2Bros all the way simply because canyons suck on the stock. If your just commuting though, the stock wins hands down. With the 2Bros it feels/drives a lot more like a sports bike whereas the stock makes it feel/drive like a commuter. All this is just what I felt, no science in my tests, just getting my opinion out there. Thanks, maybe someone can find this useful.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Great report. Thanks.

Have you thought of adding a full controller to go with the 2Bros? Either Bazzaz or Dynojet DFC has a map specifically for the 2Bros pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Good info. Getting any real world data on exhausts make a huge difference seeing as there are so many to choose from.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
heh he said "muff"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great report. Thanks.

Have you thought of adding a full controller to go with the 2Bros? Either Bazzaz or Dynojet DFC has a map specifically for the 2Bros pipe.
To be honest I like the power of the bike with the 2Bros. Top end could use a little more power post 75mph but other that I really dont need more power yet. I dont do drag races and have no cash for track days at this stage in life. My thing is canyon running (free and beautiful :)) and my canyons always have room to improve without needing more power on the bike with the 2Bros (exits are a bit slow on stock).

·
Registered
534 Posts
heh he said "muff"
That's what I was thinking too. LOL Stock muff vs. two brothers sounds like a movie you find back behind the little bead curtain at a video rental store. LOL

Awesome job on the write up though OP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts