Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if the stock tyre on thr CBR is same worldwide. Is it the same as shown in the pic below?

I was wondering if it is possible to do some good cornering with these stock tyres itself. Do they provide enough grip so as we can bend enough to touch our knee down? And is it slippery on wet roads? Ive read many people complaining about the grip of the tyres, hence I dont have enough confidence while making a turn and fail to try to bend the bike and do some good cornering on turns.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i do not race but these tyres got a proper work out today on the twisties. gripped fine held my line got nice and low on some corners.
Uk has just had 3 weeks of rain, i didnt have any problems on my daily commute.

my real world experience has been without issue

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
the stock tires will do anything i ask of them in the wet or dry and i don't baby my baby!

·
Registered
389 Posts
i seen some Castorl tack CBRs and they look like they have the stock IRCs on them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im from india and the stock tyres used here are Conti-Go and not IRC. Its the same in the pic Ive posted before.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Done lots of twisties on stock and pushed them pretty good at that. Some of the tighter turns are 65mph+ feel bleh, but the suspension feels worse than the tire at that point. I have hit sand and needles from a tree, felt the back end go out and regain traction pretty quickly. They are awesome all round tires. I got a nail in the back so Im replacing them with pirelli tires, eager to see the difference.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Countries that get the Indian model get Continental tyres.

Countries that get the Thai model get IRC tyres.

The pic above with the race bikes is from the Thai Moto3 series. They have to use the stock tyres as per the rules.

IMO the IRC tyres are okay, but NOTHING compared to a proper pair like my Pirelli Sport Demons.

Don't think they cost much more than the stock ones either.

They definitely come recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts