Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone put an audio system on their bike?ive seen it on youtube,never saw a street bike in person with a system,just harley's and cruisers.

im thinking about putting one on my cbr250 when i get it,just dont know what company makes the loudest speakers with the most quality sound.

btw is it legal to tint the windshield limo tint black?(or would this be a dumb idea lol)

·
Registered
87 Posts
They say, "Who needs music when you got throttle?". Can you post video of that here? Somehow I dont get how can one listen to music when you ride at high speeds? Just my curiosity bro.

·
745 Posts
Just a personal opinion and it's free, so you got what you paid for...

Music on a motorcyle is a bad idea. Your ears can be crucial in detecting danger - everything from a barking dog to a ABS-equipped car chirping behind you. Obviously, it's a free country (if you're in the US), but anything that distracts you from safety increases the chance that you will miss something critical along the way.

If you're still determined, I would check out the small speakers that several manufacturers make to fit inside your helmet. They're light and sound remarkedly good (or so I'm told).

Personally, I like getting away from the cell and the news and the noise and enjoying the sounds and smells of wherever I am.

Luke

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the input,i agree that i may be dangerous and it is important to hear your surroundings..(some people ride with ear phones in)

idk i just thought it would be something id have on my bike.specially just cruising in my city.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The best would be to have small earphones and ur IPOD. Best. You dont need heavy costly speakers on your bike which would otherwise also spoil the look. But still, rather enjoy the grunt of the machine than the melody of Britney Spears while riding. :D:D:D

·
Banned
834 Posts
WHat about people that wear earplugs? My understanding is that it is recommended to wear ear plugs to protect your hearing. With ear plugs how can you hear danger?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Earplugs are recommended to lower the amount of audible noise coming from the wind at high speeds, around 15-30 decibel reduction. They in no way can produce 100% blockage of noise. You can still hear the sound of traffic and emergency vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best would be to have small earphones and ur IPOD. Best. You dont need heavy costly speakers on your bike which would otherwise also spoil the look. But still, rather enjoy the grunt of the machine than the melody of Britney Spears while riding. :D:D:D
I ride 1-2 hours per day to my job depending on which one I'm going to. I use earphones that came with my wifes Nintendo DS. They have the plastic clip that goes over your ear. I just fold them up and place them behind the spot on my helmet where the cheek pads have a small band. Also have seen people break the speaker of of the head band on normal head phones. I don't know if other ones would be louder but when I crank mine all the way up it is still not very loud because of the wind noise and the placement of the speakers. It's just loud enough to keep me from going crazy listening to the thoughts in myown head!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
WHat about people that wear earplugs? My understanding is that it is recommended to wear ear plugs to protect your hearing. With ear plugs how can you hear danger?
Earplugs, good..... to attenuate some frequencies, but still let you hear the sounds you need to hear.

Audio, bad..... a distraction that can disguise the sounds you should be aware of.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I had one on my 178cc scooter. It was awesome cruising and jamming. It doesn't block out noise so it's safe. I wouldn't recommend ear bud music. I would have put this system on my cbr if there was a place to mount the speakers but there is no where to mount them,

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I wear earplugs on my daily commute.

For extended interstate in the middle of nowhere, I tend to throw these puppies on....

Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf5? earphones

They work as earplugs even with the music off. They are some amazing earbuds. I never bought them with the intention of using while riding, but they have come in handy on long boring stretches of nothing.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Listening to music while riding?... yet another dumb a** idea, loaded with huge potential for blood on the pavement.

Any other bright ideas we can plant into the soft, pliable minds of the noobs?

I've got it!!!... a mounting bracket for your iphone. It could mount in the empty mirror mounting hole on the clutch perch. Freaking Brilliant... texting and updating your facebook page and listening to "Pumped Up Kicks", all while riding your first bike!!!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
My ashtray still beats this.

Once patented I'll anodise them all shiny pukey colours and sell them on ebay.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Listening to music while riding?... yet another dumb a** idea, loaded with huge potential for blood on the pavement.

Any other bright ideas we can plant into the soft, pliable minds of the noobs?

I've got it!!!... a mounting bracket for your iphone. It could mount in the empty mirror mounting hole on the clutch perch. Freaking Brilliant... texting and updating your facebook page and listening to "Pumped Up Kicks", all while riding your first bike!!!
I wouldn't want to interrupt you mid-rant and I'm pretty sure you were just tossing out the "what's next" example to make a point, but I'm going to add an iphone mount to my bike. not so i can talk/txt while driving, but so I can have easy accces to it when I'm stopped and to use the GPS app I have on it. I have mixed feelings about music while riding, but I'm certainly not comfortable with it at this point in my learning curve. Besides, I kind of like the way the bike sounds in my helmet.

Carry on

1 - 20 of 42 Posts