Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the word's "fast and the furious" come up in conversations the majority of people instantly remember that movie with paul walker, vin diesel, michelle rodriguez and the ever so perfect eva mendes. Overall that series of movies was okay, IMO. The story was acceptable, the actors were good, but the racing scenes are what really made the movie for me. Then I thought why haven't they made a street bike movie? Seriously I haven't really seen a movie that was all about street bikes. The least they could do is make a cinematic version of the IOM TT races. What do you guys think?

Should a film company step up and make a street bike racing movie? If so, who would you cast and what would be the plot?

Who knows. A film producer may see your idea and make it a reality. Just saying :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
There already is one. Just like Fast and Furious except with bikes. Cannot for the life of me remember the name, but Memphis (guy from the Matrix) is in it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awful. Just like FnF :p

Cool bike scenes, but some of the worst acting you will ever see :)

Check youtube.. you might be able to watch it there. Or at least a few clips or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bike scenes were as lame and fake as the car scenes in the FnF movies, and the story was even worse. Bleh.

If you want a good motorcycle film,, dig up On Any Sunday. If you have time for a mini-series, I can't recommend Long Way Round highly enough.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I happen to like Biker Boyz and own the dvd. I also liked FNF but grew tired of the sequels.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Anything by Ewan McGregor is good.

Docos of course but very good.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
"ON ANY SUNDAY" - Steve McQueen & Malcolm Smith - As good as it gets, IMO

"LITTLE FAUSS AND BIG HALSEY" - Robert Redford & Michael J. Pollard - Johnny Cash Soundtrack is the **** - Off Road and Road Racing - Pretty decent for a low budget flick, made in the '70s, well worth seeing

"FROM DUST TO GLORY" - Doc made by Dana Brown, son of Bruce Brown (ON ANY SUNDAY) - Baja 1000 Off Road race - Very good, IMO

"FASTER" - Doc with Valentino Rossi - Modern day GP Road Racing - It's got Rossi, what more needs to be said? Has a lot of coverage of American road racers as well.

I could list a bunch of others, but I have one of those job's to go to...

Google > Classic Motorbooks, they are THE source for motorsports books, DVD's.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
i just wish my 250 had as many gears as some of those cars in fast and furious!! just when you thought they were tapped out Paul Walker would just downshift to 7th gear and wind up that engine another 2000 rpm and drop it back into 8th... or was it 9th, i couldn't keep track!!!! what a joke!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts