Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrapping up my conversion. Just need to finish fabricating a speedo bracket and make up some side covers. Here is one pic mid install of the 7" single headlight. More to come soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd flip the handlebars. That way they'll be lower than the top of the fuel tank.
It'll give you more of a streetfighter/cafe racer style front.

·
Registered
40 Posts
looks great!

Just wrapping up my conversion. Just need to finish fabricating a speedo bracket and make up some side covers. Here is one pic mid install of the 7" single headlight. More to come soon.
I need to get some in the outside light tomorrow. What do you guys think?
*subscribed*

I am just starting the exploratory phase right now! Just took off the front, side, and bottom fairings.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
like mike said,, fairings dictate placement of bars, lights etc
without that factor you can tighten up that area, incl say,
moving that light shell closer in towards forks etc..
also without fairing, tighter front means better
aerodynamics of rider position [thus clipons etc]..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Something about the bucket... it sticks out quite a ways... I'd be so tempted to look into a CB350 (69-74) bucket
other than that it's droolworthy. omg if my plastics weren't so pretty...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that the Aztec8 headlight? That looks like it's sticking out way too far. I was thinking of getting the same light, but I wanted to mount mine much closer to the forks.

What else have you done there? It looks like you've cut the tabs off of the little plastic bit on the front of the tank, maybe tucked some wiring, and removed the little flexible what-have-you's between the front of the tank and the frame. Anything else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that the Aztec8 headlight? That looks like it's sticking out way too far. I was thinking of getting the same light, but I wanted to mount mine much closer to the forks.

What else have you done there? It looks like you've cut the tabs off of the little plastic bit on the front of the tank, maybe tucked some wiring, and removed the little flexible what-have-you's between the front of the tank and the frame. Anything else?
I relocated the ignition to the frame on the right side. I finally finished and mounted a custom bracket for the stock gauge where the ignition used to be. I plan on fiddling with the light position now that the gauge is attached and the wiring issues are resolved. Last thing on the list is to fabricate some simple side covers for just below the seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't say if I don't like it...I do like it...brave move man...I'm thinking about making mine to be a street fighter too...maybe :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I relocated the ignition to the frame on the right side. I finally finished and mounted a custom bracket for the stock gauge where the ignition used to be. I plan on fiddling with the light position now that the gauge is attached and the wiring issues are resolved. Last thing on the list is to fabricate some simple side covers for just below the seat.
Well let's see some pictures! :p I've been puzzling over how to mount the gauges myself. I'm not as keen on relocating the ignition, like the Greggs Custom.

·
Registered
249 Posts

I believe the headlight of the small CBR sibling (CB110) fits beatifully to our bike. What do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well let's see some pictures! :p I've been puzzling over how to mount the gauges myself. I'm not as keen on relocating the ignition, like the Greggs Custom.
I meant to take a few shots of the gauge mount before it went on. It's 5/8" tubular 4130, brass brazen and enamel dipped. Even got to pull out the Rigid tubing bender for the first time to radius the arms around the input on the bottom of the gauge.

Weather has been terrible Ill try to roll it out in the light tomorrow for a few pictures.

Still need to fabricate a mount for tip over switch, with it unplugged the Pgm-fi light is always on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks fantastic, just went street fighter on mine but with the stock headlamp and speddo mounting, love the ones you have on there.

Did you have to fabricate the speedo mount or purchase one? If so where did you get it? I would love to get one!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts