Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have odd urge to make stuff (tables, lamps, furniture, etc) from motorcycle and car parts. Most of my "projects" stay at my shop (the wife doesn't really dig it like I do) to display samples of coatings.

Anyone else like to make stuff for the house, shop, or anywhere from discarded parts?

Lets see um!

Here are a few of mine -

A friend gave me an aluminum Mercedes V8 block that had some issues -

and I made a table out of it -

a clock from a Porsche 911 cooling fan -

started as a $22 Harbor Freight stand with cheapo plastic wheels and a semi-dull black powder coat finish -

A table from a factory Porsche 991 race wheel -

Table from a pair of scooter wheels and a 4cyl cycle cam

My office where all of the projects reside -

Apex Custom Coating, Powder Coating, Media Blasting, Middleton/Madison WI

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Very, very cool. You have an awesome talent.

·
Super Moderator
6,923 Posts
Very nice work! I especially like the Merc V-8 table. It looks like something you'd expect to see in one of the executive offices at the Mercedes/AMG F1 team headquarters.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike.

it's funny, I get a lot of comments on it from car/cycle customers, but others never take a second glance at it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've thought of it, but haven't run across any just yet.

It would look neat.
As pricey as they are you could look at some AK Racing or DX Racing gaming chairs.

It would kind of take away from your DIY style but would look great and they are super comfy, I have one for my office that I am sitting in right now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish I had finished, or at least taken pictures, but I took the old pistons out of my 2.0l VW GTI engine and sand blasted them.

The dish on the top was perfect for a the base of can, piston head coasters.

Just needed to cut down the oil ring land to make them useful. I believe they got recycled with all my old spare parts after I sold the car

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't done many personal projects lately, but did finish a stand for my shop "greeter", using a SV650 wheel and some steel pipe -

My MV Agusta greeter/clock combo -

Picked up this set of MV leathers off of CL for cheap. They don't fit me, but I though they looked cool. Seemed like a good place to use my helmet clock too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts