Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Isn't that just the CT110 motor in an newer street bike? I think that the actual gas mileage may be more like the 100 mpg we got with the CT110 trail bike. What kind of mileage did the Aussie version give to the postal workers?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Very cool bike. Not practical for most of us, but if I were back living and working in NYC or Philly, I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
261 Posts
"Honda intends to make the Indian market account for a third of its income from bikes by 2020"

No doubt, every auto maker including car manufacturers wants a market share in India. They now not just want a presence in the market but make majority of their income doing business in this country. Indian market should not be under estimated.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Isn't that just the CT110 motor in an newer street bike? I think that the actual gas mileage may be more like the 100 mpg we got with the CT110 trail bike. What kind of mileage did the Aussie version give to the postal workers?
The CT110 is a horizontal engine, like its little brother, the CT70. The motor in this new Indian bike looks to be a version of the XR100 lump, which has also been around for quite a few years. I would think that the final drive gearing would have to fairly tall to get that kind of MPG. Most CT70's in good operating condition will get 105 to 115 MPG, so 140 MPG might be a bit of a stretch for this bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts