Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share with you guys a great buying experience that I had with Surfside Moto. I purchased Yoshimura frame sliders from them at a very competitive price of $159.99 shipped (free shipping). Jeff at the shop was very quick to respond to my questions and I received my frame sliders fairly quickly.

Surfside Moto - Yoshimura Frame Sliders

Hope this helps those of you looking to purchase these frame sliders.

Thanks Surfside Moto!!

Update: Noticed that they are now offering $5 off any purchase over $100...I could have got my frame sliders for $154.99...oh well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Great link dude thanks.
Just ordered from them the Juice Box Pro (2Bros version of power commander) and as a comparison, with fast shipping cost me just over $300Aust, to get one here in Australia was going to cost me $450. These guys are the first online site that had any in stock, that I could find anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great link dude thanks.
Just ordered from them the Juice Box Pro (2Bros version of power commander) and as a comparison, with fast shipping cost me just over $300Aust, to get one here in Australia was going to cost me $450. These guys are the first online site that had any in stock, that I could find anyway.
Nice, glad to hear that you were able find something at a good price! What does the Juice Box Pro do? Are you using it to reprogram your ECU because you have some bolt on mods (ie: exhaust)?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Juice Box Pro piggy backs off your ECU to you fuel injector, allowing you to control fuel mixture at different throttle positions. This is the first time I have tried this type of mod, and this type of piggy back, "plug and ride" fuel mapping device seemed the easiest place to start.
Yes I have the VALE2 2Bros slip-on installed which is why I chose Juice Box over a Power Commander as the Juice Box has fuel maps pre-installed by 2Bros to match my exhaust. It also has the ability to use custom maps and Power Commander maps.
Didn't get a tracking number with the order which is a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juice Box Pro piggy backs off your ECU to you fuel injector, allowing you to control fuel mixture at different throttle positions. This is the first time I have tried this type of mod, and this type of piggy back, "plug and ride" fuel mapping device seemed the easiest place to start.
Yes I have the VALE2 2Bros slip-on installed which is why I chose Juice Box over a Power Commander as the Juice Box has fuel maps pre-installed by 2Bros to match my exhaust. It also has the ability to use custom maps and Power Commander maps.
Didn't get a tracking number with the order which is a bit disappointing.
I just saw your other thread asking for advice on the install. I really hope these guys have this item in stock. I would be pissed too if they are selling stuff they do not have on hand. Not to mention I would feel embarrassed after giving them positive feedback on this forum.

Shoot an email to Jeff at Surfside Moto and ask him for a tracking number. That's what I did and sure enough he provided me with a Fedex tracking #. Mention to him that Wesley that just bought the Yoshimura Frame Sliders from him recommended his site on our CBR Forum. That may get him to prioritize your request as I am sure he would want to generate more positive feedback from our fellow forum members, which would result in more business for him.

Here's his email: [email protected]

Hope you get a good reply from Jeff.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just saw your other thread asking for advice on the install. I really hope these guys have this item in stock. I would be pissed too if they are selling stuff they do not have on hand. Not to mention I would feel embarrassed after giving them positive feedback on this forum.

Shoot an email to Jeff at Surfside Moto and ask him for a tracking number. That's what I did and sure enough he provided me with a Fedex tracking #. Mention to him that Wesley that just bought the Yoshimura Frame Sliders from him recommended his site on our CBR Forum. That may get him to prioritize your request as I am sure he would want to generate more positive feedback from our fellow forum members, which would result in more business for him.

Here's his email: [email protected]

Hope you get a good reply from Jeff.

Thanks again mate, will do just that.
Will keep the thread updated when I get more info.
Email sent.
Got reply to email, they don't have in stock as it is unreleased (another 1-2 weeks). Jeff apologized and offered to hold the order or cancel whichever I choose. I chose to cancel the order, as release dates have a habit of being pushed back and back. Will re-order with these guys once stock has come in.
Will update on how refund go's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Refund came only hours after canceling order.
Will still buy from them when part arrives, but in meantime can spend that $300 on something else. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just don't try to phone them. You get a barely understandable mechanical voice message and there's never anyone there to answer the phone.
Hopefully they ship to PO boxes - that's what I wanted to confirm. Their website says nothing about it being a problem. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just don't try to phone them. You get a barely understandable mechanical voice message and there's never anyone there to answer the phone.
Hopefully they ship to PO boxes - that's what I wanted to confirm. Their website says nothing about it being a problem. I guess we'll see.
If you buy with credit card, they will only ship to card holders address. If you use paypal they will ship anywhere.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you buy with credit card, they will only ship to card holders address. If you use paypal they will ship anywhere.
My credit card is linked to my PO box, not to my residential address. It's kind of nice, being a sort of non-person. Because I live on one large property with three residences there are also no utilities in my name - no land line, no electricy/gas, nothing. Not even my W2 or tax return or CA driver's license lists anything but a PO box. I can have it's downsides though. Like having to prove I actually live here. And the shipping thing, although more and more outfits ship to PO boxes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Refund came only hours after canceling order.
Will still buy from them when part arrives, but in meantime can spend that $300 on something else. :)
I'm glad to hear that they were responsive to you. Having $300 to spend on something else is a great attitude to have. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm glad to hear that they were responsive to you. Having $300 to spend on something else is a great attitude to have. :D
The only way to look at it really, getting the shits won't change anything.
Everybody makes mistakes some times, so I figure "no harm no foul".
Personally I think 2Bros is more to blame, the product has been on their website for more than a month (with a buy now link), with no mention that it's not actually on sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts