Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I did some braking tests on my 2013 cbr250ra and I'm suspecting that ABS is malfunctioning/not working at all.

I tried to apply emergency braking from speed about 60-70 km/h. I tried with both front and rear brakes, and didn't hear or feel any effects of ABS. Once I applied mostly the rear break and I was pretty sure that rear wheel was blocked since I drifted noticeably. I think if I apply the brakes any harder I would crash.

The ABS indicator on the dashboard is on (yellow light) without moving, and goes out during acceleration. (As it suposed to be?).

Has anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Today the ABS light was blinking for some time. And after while it gone back to normal. I'm going to take the bike to a service.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The owners manual does tell you how the abs is supposed to work. Apparently using the rear brake also uses a small about of front brake. But using the front brake on its own, only operates the front brake.

If the light doesn't come on while riding, only until you move off after first starting the bike, the system should be ok.

When was the brake fluid last changed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts