Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans include saddlebags and a waterproof duffle, but in the meantime I was looking for an everyday tail bag to carry lunch, a few water bottles, a hat, etc. I'm not a big fan of tank bags except for things like wallet, keys, sunglasses, etc. Of course, a tail bag means I have to swing my leg over or develop my ninja kick to saddle up.

Anyway, I ordered:

Dowco Rally Pack Value Tail Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

This was the least expensive bag I was willing to risk buying, and it is cheap compared to most of the competition. Received it yesterday, and strapped it on today.

It comes with two pairs of different length loop straps (to attach to rear peg hooks), a double hook strap (to wrap around the back of the bike), and a set of four short double hook straps to attach to the optional matching saddlebags (not used).

The straps incorporate a few rows of stitches of a rubbery material, which appears to help reduce unwanted loosening of the straps through the adjustable buckles.

Also included is a set of four strap wraps, which can be velcroed around the straps. I assume these function to help prevent flapping strap ends and to provide protection to painted surfaces that the straps might contact.

It has an integral rain cover in a zippered front compartment, and one main compartment with no external pockets, etc. It does incorporate an internal keyring.

In my opinion, it's sized about right for use on the CBR. It's large enough to be useful (at least for my application), but not so large that it looks ridiculous on the bike.

Time will tell the tale of durability, but for now, I'm not disappointed in what I received for the money.

Posts like this are useless without pics, so here they are:

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - skysensor's Album: Tail Bag

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Cortech sportbike luggage fits well on CBR and has good muffler clearance. The tailbag clips to the side bags but also has hidden bungee cords with hooks so it can be used alone. To keep the bags from drooping inward, I attached a short length of 1&1/4 inch ABS pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Cortech sportbike luggage fits well on CBR and has good muffler clearance. The tailbag clips to the side bags but also has hidden bungee cords with hooks so it can be used alone. To keep the bags from drooping inward, I attached a short length of 1&1/4 inch ABS pipe.

I love my cortech stuff. very good for the cbr and really fits a lot of stuff. I usually just ride with the tailbag. but i do have the saddles if I'm going on a longer trek

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is that the black tube I see running from the rear peg up behind the bag? How about an image without the bag, along with attachment details?
I am also interested to see these tubes, since I bought C-900 Nelson-Rigg bags, which are almost identical in size (and style) than the Cortech, and I was a bit disapointed to see the bags going much too close to the wheel...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Can any of you confirm me, which one of the tailbags would be ideal for carrying a 14inches laptop. Is it Dowco or Cortech ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Can any of you confirm me, which one of the tailbags would be ideal for carrying a 14inches laptop. Is it Dowco or Cortech ?
I'm going to guess that your 14 inch measurement is the diagonal screen size? What are the length and width measurements?

Here are the external measurements for four bags I've been looking at.
I wish I knew the internal dimensions.

Dowco Rally Pack Value Tail Bag: 15" x 11" x 9"
Cortech Sport Tailbag: 15"W x 13"L x 8.5"H
Saddlemen Sport Top Pack: 15"L x 16-1/2"W x 8"H (expands to 20"W)
MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Tail Bag: 13"W x 16.5"L x 8"H

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to guess that your 14 inch measurement is the diagonal screen size? What are the length and width measurements?

Here are the external measurements for four bags I've been looking at.
I wish I knew the internal dimensions.

Dowco Rally Pack Value Tail Bag: 15" x 11" x 9"
Cortech Sport Tailbag: 15"W x 13"L x 8.5"H
Saddlemen Sport Top Pack: 15"L x 16-1/2"W x 8"H (expands to 20"W)
MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Tail Bag: 13"W x 16.5"L x 8"H
You are right, it is 14" of diagonal screen size.
I believe the length and width of the laptop should be 15 x 10 appx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to all of you for giving the information on the tail bag. I finally got the cortech Tail bag. It's a perfect fit for the CBR and works very well. Been using it for last one month without any issues. Easily fits in a laptop, lunch box, rain wears, some books, documents, etc..
Only issue i found was that, Cortech do not have spare cables for that bag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts