Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cropped the rear fender. It looks much better now and it is very easy. Should go through the air better now too. Remove the stock plate bracket. Just mark a line from the lower round mount area up on an angle to one of the features in the moulding to get it even on both sides. The plastic is very easy to cut with tin snips and smooth with a file or rotary tool. The plate will mount right to the holes that used to hold the bracket. You can glue the stock side reflectors back on somewhere if you want to keep it legal. I will use some DOT red reflective tape on the sides of the plate light housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice job, looks great. Another mod I need to do.:)
I was actually thinking to take it right off from above the turn signals and relocate them to the sides and mount the plate under the tail light.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Did this 6 months ago. Looks way better. Surprised more people aren't doing it.
I guess most people aren't doing because they are just like me and don't think that it looks good like that at all, much less way better,that's a matter of personal opinion....but it's your bike so make it look however you want....its just not something I would even consider doing to mine.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Fair enough, you won't be going for a tidy-tail then I guess.

I personally find the rear to be the least aesthetically pleasing part of the bike, anything to 'sport' it up a bit is a bonus in my book.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess most people aren't doing because they are just like me and don't think that it looks good like that at all, much less way better,that's a matter of personal opinion....but it's your bike so make it look however you want....its just not something I would even consider doing to mine.
Agree.

But that's why the only opinion that matters is your own. It's your bike, do whatever the **** you want to it!

·
Registered
354 Posts
The fender is only half of the ugly to me. The license plate light on mine has a big gap, I thought it was installed wrong, so I took it off and looked at it. I was on the only way it could be, and even snugged down, it has a gap and is way too wiggly even for rubber mounting. Just plain ugly, get it on the fire.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey guys,

I was messing around with the rear fender today and found an easy fix to the fender problem without removing any DOT reflectors. After chopping off the bottom piece just below the license plate attachment, I removed the license plate holder and flipped it over. The holes still match up and when its reversed it creates a nice protruding license plate holder that still gets lit up by the lp light. You have to drill a wider set of holes in the lp holder in order for it to fit, but after its all set up it looks real nice.

Foo

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey guys,

I was messing around with the rear fender today and found an easy fix to the fender problem without removing any DOT reflectors. After chopping off the bottom piece just below the license plate attachment, I removed the license plate holder and flipped it over. The holes still match up and when its reversed it creates a nice protruding license plate holder that still gets lit up by the lp light. You have to drill a wider set of holes in the lp holder in order for it to fit, but after its all set up it looks real nice.

Foo
Like what's happening here. The rear does look like an afterthought. Looking like this is my bikes future. Keeps the Saddlebag location unaltered. Thanks!

Sent from my crackPhone using MO cræsh Free

·
Registered
62 Posts
I cropped the rear fender. It looks much better now and it is very easy. Should go through the air better now too. Remove the stock plate bracket. Just mark a line from the lower round mount area up on an angle to one of the features in the moulding to get it even on both sides. The plastic is very easy to cut with tin snips and smooth with a file or rotary tool. The plate will mount right to the holes that used to hold the bracket. You can glue the stock side reflectors back on somewhere if you want to keep it legal. I will use some DOT red reflective tape on the sides of the plate light housing.
I modified the license bracket - see my post http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-appearance-modifications/3805-free-tail-tidy.html

Next step will be to cut off the fender below the license plate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts