Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok so had Repsol CBR250R with all the fixins Takegawa 305cc big bore, Takegawa cams, K&N air filter, Delkevic full exhaust(header back), power commander with real deal dyno tune running 100 octane leaded race gas. Everything worked like a charm but make sure you get a good connecting rod or it will spit piston out side of motor. Other then that the cams really wake up the bike good investment.
Thanks for sharing your experience

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
54 Posts
Any one running these?
Upgrades of this kind have always excited me, but I have never been get to do them. Also, the current kit, I have not tried it, and not bought it.

The firm Takegawa is very familiar to me from the internet networks and I understand it makes kits of very good quality.

In Israel, because of the issue of forced insurance, it is less profitable to increase to a volume of 300cc, because it automatically increases the forced insurance expenses by hundreds USD per year. And this is in addition to the procedure of appropriate licensing by law (change of structure that requires the approval of the authorities)

From browse at the company catalog ("Takegawa_bore_up_CRF250", the attached photo), the complete kit includes 1 - 4 TYPES?
(A) Bore UP to 305cc + Sport Camshaft?
(B) FI (CON2) + Hyper Bore UP...?

*There is also a recommendation for adjusting a new exhaust.
*There is a directive to NOT overload the engine.
*There is a directive to NOT overload the electrical system for example: Do not install in parallel a kit for HID/LED etc .
*Or for example: It is recommended to strengthen the springs in the clutch.
And there are more instructions. Whoever wants to order must read all *the instructions and warnings that are in the attached catalog.

Probably for reasons of economic viability (makes sense), the kit does NOT including the details that are complicated to replace like the crankshaft bearings (originally there are sliding (friction) bearings that create a lot of heat, and they are not replaced with radial ball bearings). Even the crankshaft itself is not replaced (and does not receive reinforcement of the Big-Hand). It is therefore essential to use the addition of power wisely, otherwise I think it is very easy to cause overheating, or unnecessary and dangerous breakage in the essential metal parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Upgrades of this kind have always excited me, but I have never been get to do them. Also, the current kit, I have not tried it, and not bought it.

The firm Takegawa is very familiar to me from the internet networks and I understand it makes kits of very good quality.

In Israel, because of the issue of forced insurance, it is less profitable to increase to a volume of 300cc, because it automatically increases the forced insurance expenses by hundreds USD per year. And this is in addition to the procedure of appropriate licensing by law (change of structure that requires the approval of the authorities)

From browse at the company catalog ("Takegawa_bore_up_CRF250", the attached photo), the complete kit includes 1 - 4 TYPES?
(A) Bore UP to 305cc + Sport Camshaft?
(B) FI (CON2) + Hyper Bore UP...?

*There is also a recommendation for adjusting a new exhaust.
*There is a directive to NOT overload the engine.
*There is a directive to NOT overload the electrical system for example: Do not install in parallel a kit for HID/LED etc .
*Or for example: It is recommended to strengthen the springs in the clutch.
And there are more instructions. Whoever wants to order must read all *the instructions and warnings that are in the attached catalog.

Probably for reasons of economic viability (makes sense), the kit does NOT including the details that are complicated to replace like the crankshaft bearings (originally there are sliding (friction) bearings that create a lot of heat, and they are not replaced with radial ball bearings). Even the crankshaft itself is not replaced (and does not receive reinforcement of the Big-Hand). It is therefore essential to use the addition of power wisely, otherwise I think it is very easy to cause overheating, or unnecessary and dangerous breakage in the essential metal parts.
View attachment 44603
The brochure you are showing is not for the engine in the CBR250R model. The CBR already has some differences in power output and torque in power output from the CRF she is 4+hp (PS) more but torque is different.
This is the stuff for the CBR from Takewaga that I fitted once, and intend to fit again

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
54 Posts
The brochure you are showing is not for the engine in the CBR250R model. The CBR already has some differences in power output and torque in power output from the CRF she is 4+hp (PS) more but torque is different.
Thanks for the info.
YES indeed, two different kits.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts