Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've previously posted that I'm not really a fan of tank bags, but I'm beginning to realize the advantages of a quick on/off magnetic mount and a forward position that doesn't require a high kick over the tail. So now I'm thinking about ordering a tank bag, but would be interested in seeing how various bags actually fit on the CBR.

I'm hoping that we can use this thread to collect pics and comments from CBR owners with tank bags. Personally, I like something large enough to be useful for a daily commute and errands around town, but not so large to intrude into the rider envelope or restrict visibility of the panel.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased this a while ago and have been extremely happy. It is both tank bag and backpack. Its contoured and also has compartments front/back, w/document holder for directions on a plastic covered enclosed top. And, yes also has a rain cap, just in case.

Mototrek 14 Tank Bag
Color- Black, Size- Magnetic Base
SKU#262402

I'm budgeting for the saddlebags.

·
Registered
619 Posts
This is a great tank bag, highly recommended- Dowco Fastrax. It has matching tail bag and saddle bags. Has lockable zippers, a handle and rainfly, expandable and you can lock them to your bike. Does all my shopping and traveling.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought a tank bag from a local Honda dealer in Vancouver while on vacation. I tried it on a cbr250 and it fits very nicely. It contours nicely on the tank is isn't bulky. I am not home yet, so haven't taken any pics of it. Check it out at OGIO : Golf, Backpacks, Travel Luggage it's called the super mini tanker Stealth model 110090 retailed for 79.99 cdn.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I hang a squeegee out of the bag on a pull chain for rain, it was misting badly so I had it deployed, hehehe. It does work good, I use it a lot in the rain.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It looks nice, post some pics with it on the 250.
I can tell you all in advance that is a bit larger than the tank, but fits well enough.
I'm using the bike like hell and couldn't stop to take picture and/or to pass on the pc the few ones I've taken... really sorry but I'll post something as soon as possible

here is the side view, seems a little too long but the rear magnet holds it firm enough while riding

and here is the visual of the speedometer while is mounted

·
Registered
532 Posts
How about the Cortech TriBag Tank Bag?
I just picked this up for $95! I like the idea of having the option of a bigger bag or a small one depending on the need of the day. The big one also has backpack straps which is great for carrying.
Where did you get this one for $95? GP Bikes here (in Toronto/Whitby) wants $199...

Also, from the looks of it the magnetic base comes completely off. I can't tell if the same is true for the Cortech Mini Tank Bag (vs the tri bag), but having a removable base means you could zip it off and store it inside the bag (if there is room), so there is less chance of it picking up magnetic dust and damaging the tank (still cursing Honda for not giving us a flip-up cap, which could have accepted a ring-mount tank bag, but I digress).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts