Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - has anyone had any experience with a tank bag for the 250r? I am considering a cortech mini magnetic tank bag and wondered how it would fit on this tank? thanks,

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi all - has anyone had any experience with a tank bag for the 250r? I am considering a cortech mini magnetic tank bag and wondered how it would fit on this tank? thanks,
Hi Riverguide,

Not sure how the Cortech would fit on the CBR250R. I am seriously considering taking my chances with the Icon Urban Tank Bag though. It doubles as a backpack which adds to its versatility. When traveling I wouldn't have to worry about the security of the tankbag, as I could take it with me if I wanted - on my back when I am walking around. This would be such a bonus. And you can attach your helmet to the lower part of the backpack and carry that around with you too. Sweet.

Icon Urban Tank Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Mike

·
Registered
619 Posts
You may be able to use about any tank bag, because my bag is really big. You would think, no way will that work on the little cbr, but it works great for me, even when expanded.

It's a Fastrax by Dowco, it carries all my stuff and is tall and stiff enough to make it comfortable to lie down on. The other things I like about it are a shoulder strap, a handle, and rain fly. I always take it with me, even if I'm just off the bike to pay for gas.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
i have the icon urban tank bag and like the versitility it offers ie backpack. I've taken on a 5 day bike trip last season and it holds alot and is comfortable. Wld recommend taking a look.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with live to ride I have had my urban tank bag for about 3 months. I usually pack anywhere from 3-10 pounds in the bag with the bag not budging one Bihar freeway speeds here in la at 70 mph. Also it turns into a backpack. Go check it out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Motopak gt-mini may fit well on tge bike I'll post picks of it and the gts-60 saddles when they come in. The 125 crew says they fit well.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
426 Posts
i got a 19L Motocentric tank bag and love it. lots of pockets. holds everything i need for day trips and converts to backpack when off the bike. Even has pocket for (optional) hydration bag. Big clear waterproof window up top

MotoCentric Mototrek 19 Tank Bag - Motorcycle Tank Bags

ps- its held on by 4 pretty powerful magnets. that bag aint going no where unless you want it to. They strong enough that you have to be careful removing the bag as you can move the bike and could even tip the bike over with the magnetic force.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a Sedici Como and it fits pretty well and seems like its secure enough and doesn't move around. It's on the smaller side but works well for my daily commute.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've already purchased the Cortech Tourmaster tailbag, and saddlebags so in order to match the setup I went ahead an ordered their super-mini tank bag. The quality seems to be there, but tincture of time is always the true test.
I've read up on this forum, and other outlets of customer evaluations and these seemed to fit my needs. They appear to be tough enough to take my brutality.
My VTX has enough space in the trunk and sidecar to match a 1965 Ford station wagon, so I needed to at least approach that amount of cubic footage, and still retain the nimbleness.

Doc

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got the Motopak gtmini and gts60 in and mounted. Nice expandable everything. How do I post picks of the bags?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 18 of 18 Posts